WI East Prussia became the Jewish homeland post-WW2?

East Prussia was an exclave of the Weimar Republic prior to WW2. After the war it became divided up between Poland, Lithuania and Russia (i.e. the Kaliningrad Oblast exclave).

So what if instead of making a Jewish homeland in Palestine, OTL's Israel, the Allied Powers carved one out of Germany instead? Made them give up East Prussia as the new nation of Israel/Judea/whatever, and let Palestine stay Palestine? What would the implications be for Europe, the Middle East, and the world in general?

It's in danger of falling under Soviet influence. Sure the Jews would like that?

And I don't like the idea of German neonazis screaming that there are Jews occupying what should be German territory.

ninebucks

Banned
It's in danger of falling under Soviet influence. Sure the Jews would like that?

Not if the West lets it be known that TTL Israel is under their protection. In that case it will be as safe from Soviet influence as West Germany.

However, I doubt East Prussia would get the same immigration as Israel, many Israeli Jews originate from the Middle East itself, so I doubt they will bother to migrate North. Furthermore, people are still going to immigrating to Palestine, methinks.

And many Sephardic Jews left their Arab home countries because they were kicked out after the war of 1948/49. Without an Israel (in its OTL place), the Arabs won't mind the Jews that much.

The Sandman

Banned
The only way it happens is if the Soviets get total control, the same way they forced Communist governments on the entire rest of the territory they occupied. Zionists of the time were leftist, but not that leftist. Also, the Soviets maintained a very healthy dose of old-fashioned Russian anti-semitism, so I suspect they wouldn't have wanted the Jews to come.

Also, the several hundred thousand Jews already in Palestine might have something to say about being abandoned to the Mufti's tender mercies.

And if you think the Western Allies could have pressured the Soviets into giving up any degree of influence in the areas the Red Army took (aside from West Berlin, of course) without fighting another war to do it, then you're living in a pipe dream.