The Israeli assassination of Konrad Adenauer

That would backfire. OK, the men behind it wanted it so, but I don't think it'd make the world a better place.

Note: After WW2, there was a party in Germany, the Sozialistische Reichspartei, a successor of NSDAP. They demanded the area east of Oder-Neiße back (OK, at this time, every party did), and wanted to kick out all Jews from Germany. IOTL it was forbidden in 1952 - on October 23rd. The assassination attempt was on March 27th 1952. I wonder whether they'd survive; and even if not, their size could swell.

never heard of that!
Why should Begin and Irgun do that?
Simple revenge? I am overlooking something!

As wiki said: "His goal was to undermine the attempts of the German government to seek friendly relations with Israel."

Not everyone in Israel was as broadminded to forgive the Germans six million cases of murder. Not at this time. But as I said, it's better that they didn't succeed.

I´m gonna bump this since I apparently was to late to dig this up.

What are the consequences.

The wiki credits lot of the stability in West Germany after WWII to Adenauer, but are they right to do so?

This would definitely be something that would still be used today by racists as propaganda.

How important is Conrad Adenauer to Germany´s development?

Adenauer was one of the most important politicians after the second World War. It's thanks to him (and Heuss) that there even is a Federal Republic and not a Confederation of German States.

I admit that this part of our history is not my forte, so I don't know quite exactly who would replace him.