New Iceland

OK: Heres a fake OTL nation. Create a history that includes this nation without really disturbing the rest of the time line. (Ill submit one later)
---
Name: New Iceland
Population: 250 000
Government: Parlimentary, territory of ICeland
Leader: Kata Jonsdoitter
INTRO History: IN 930, monks establish monestary in iceland. Nose people aslo settel there. Icelandic fisherman come across a new island, and claim it for Iceland. Settelments grow.
POD: 1000 ish AD
Flag:
cl_min.gif

The rest is up to YOU!!!

There was a MUCH more descriptive link on that site that I can't seem to find at the moment. I think I jumped the gun on posting. I'll try to find it and post it here.

Iceland went to Newfoundland when they realised that the British weren't fishing for cod off Iceland anymore because they had found some place better? It was actually the Danes that controlled the Iceland fishing areas, and were overcharging the British.
If Iceland/Denmark/Norway grabs Newfoundland to keep their cod monopoly then the British will move south faster and grab more of the East Coast of the US, probably not just Canada but all the way down to Florida. Maybe they find the Aztecs first. It was only because the easy money was in fish instead of gold that they didn't bother with the Latin American conquests.
A POD five hundred years earlier changes too much.