Mormon version of IRA ?

After briefly lookin at the 'More than 3 Abrahamic religions' thread on pre-1900, just thought of this WI: how could there be a Mormon freedom fighter/terrorist movement similar to the IRA in modern-day America ? I have read about some inidividual Mormon extremists thruout the 1990s who've committed random acts of violence, but how could there be an organised movement perhaps along similar lines as the Mormon army in HT's series ?

Darkest

Banned
Yes, maybe if the Danites, the Sons of Dan, the Daughters of Zion, were remade. But what would they fight for? An independent Mormon state? I would say that even by 1900, the opportunity for an independent Deseret would have been too foregone.

The Mormons is a conservative group IIRC and I have a hard time imagine them getting inspired by the left wing terrorism during the 70's. A nazi victory might lead to a world where the nazis inspire them. Or something during the depression.

The Mormons is a conservative group IIRC and I have a hard time imagine them getting inspired by the left wing terrorism during the 70's. A nazi victory might lead to a world where the nazis inspire them. Or something during the depression.

That might be offenciveappologise for that.

Religious extremists who are quasi-Christians commiting acts of terrorism - either it will inspire generations of Americans to commit terrorist acts or it will create a massive backlash against any religious extremism with no firebombing of abortion clinics etc.