Texas purchased

I have seen on wikipedia that both John Q.Adams and Andrew Jackson had tried to purschase texas (In 1827 for 1 million and In 1833 for 5) What happen if one of the two had been successful?

One slave state more/earlier (although they'd probably create another free state as counterweight, as they always did), no Mexican War, or at least later (for California, maybe?). This again has consequences on the eventual ACW and the Oregon compromise.

Mexico gets rid of a troublesome district. They have more money which they can use to do something.
Probably won´t do them much good in the long run, although if a war with USA is avoided they might get lucky.

If they´d just have a better government and attract more immigration they might get lucky about california in 1848. And after that Mexico wouldn´t be the sore loser it is OTL.

(Maybe sore loser is an unfair description, but one can agree they hardly had the best of luck).

Well Maybe in order to counter-balance Texas a big free state like california going be needed and that would change U.S inner political map

but the thing is that California need to be get from Mexico before, unless America push a war (wish I'm not sure they would push one for california although it might interest them having a west coast, but it might undermine their ability to have Oregon, since it might be more resolve to stop american expasionism). But I was more refering to the possibility of a super-state made out of the Lousianna Purchase although it would be harder to develop.

But considering it would have been several decades earlier Texas, probably would be smaller, less develop and off course a whole lot of place would have different names.