This is the discussion thread for the revival of VT's "ATL Company of the Month" artwork contest.

The original discussion thread for the contest (from 2013) can be found here.

VT's introduction to the contest from the original discussion thread:

This contest shall be held every month using suggestions from AH.commers like you. The exact submission requirements will likely vary from month to month, depending on the nature of the company being designed. The specific requirements shall be posted in the Entries Thread every month.

The media you post for the contest does not have to be submitted all at once, and I will compile all entries for the poll thread after the deadline. You must be sure to submit everything required on the checklist, otherwise your submission will not be counted. Some things on the checklist will be required, other things will be optional.

You must also be sure that your submission meets the parameters of the contest. If it doesn't, you can alter the submission as much as you wish until the deadline. Alterations and submissions made after the deadline will not be accepted.

You can make suggestions for contest subjects at any time by posting them here, but make sure that they are posted in bold.

As this is being done in the Maps and Graphics subforum, it should be obvious that while you're allowed to provide textual background on the company, the bulk of your efforts should be focused on the graphics required for each contest.

And without further ado, let's get on with it. The first entry thread will be up in a few minutes, which of course will only be for entries. Discussion will take place in this thread.

What the man said: Let's get on with it, people ! :)

Last edited:
I come back after a few hours and there are already two great-looking contributions ! :cool: Keep it coming, people. :) The third round is shaping up nicely so far.

Thank you to everyone who voted for me and Petike for hosting the second round of this contest! :)

Well, second iteration, if I can be pedantic with words here... :)

I promised VT45 that I'd revive this contest already back in spring, so I'm glad I remembered my resolution last month and brought this back.

Thanks again for the suggestions for the following round of the contest. Now I just need to pick one and we'll have a new round up in a few days at the latest.

New challenge: Round 4 - "Travel Fever"

----

Per Puget Sound's recommendations. I eventually narrowed it down to this one, since his other favoured theme was a bit too similar to the theme of the round we've just had.

Good luck, guys and gals ! :)

For the next month, I got this contest idea:

Change Begins At Home!
Make a map/illustration/etc. of a furniture store chain.

Good suggestion, we might try it if the new winner of the current round doesn't think of something better or won't have time to come up with an idea.

By the by, feel free to take part in this round of the contest, Dr. Nodelescu. :) There's already one other entry, and I'd love to see at least two for this (so it could be elligible as a round).

I might do something for this round! I do have one question though—as I'm working on a couple of things related to The Man in the High Castle, I've been thinking about the possibility of doing an entry related to that. Of course, the entire premise of the book is wildly implausible, so depending on the standards of the contest, prohibitions on "ASB" entries might apply—on the other hand, the goal of the entry wouldn't really be on stressing this aspect of it, but rather what kind of travel agencies would arise, and what they'd look like, in an authoritarian world like this. What's your position on this (or something like this)?

Unless it's a "nazis, etc., pwn the world" type of timeline, or it involves something supernatural or scientifically impossible changing the world, I'm willing to tolerate it. I'd just prefer if people avoided the ASB crutch in most rounds of the contest. There will be rounds specifically tailored to ASB stuff in the future, but I'd like us to have at least a few ordinary AH rounds first.

Okay, I've decided to prolong the contest by five more days. If any of you still have interest contributing to the round, feel free to enter it into the contest.