• Martin23230

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Spazzreflex

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Upvoteanthology

Votes: 29 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can I ask what people liked about my map, for future reference? I'm always looking to improve.

I liked how you turned OTL on its head and made the Europeans into desperate refugees while the Africans and Asians were their hosts. This was especially interesting, seeing the Syrian Refugee Crisis is going on as I speak. Another thing I liked was that you took a farfetched POD and plausibly explained the aftereffects, although I do have a soft spot for that.

I did have a few plausibility nitpicks with some of the cultures post-war -- I doubt that the Walloons would come to inherit all of continental Western Europe minus Iberia. I also thought the third world war concept was kind of cliche, sort of a "big bully Russia and his buddies versus everyone else" type thing, but to each, his own I guess.

Thomas Berubeg and his Lovecraftian Eastern Seaboard got my vote, as much for the story as for the map. I'd really like to hear how that sailor's tale ends.

Thomas Berubeg and his Lovecraftian Eastern Seaboard got my vote, as much for the story as for the map. I'd really like to hear how that sailor's tale ends.

I was really going for a Lovecraftian, Pulpy setting. I wanted Conan the Barbarian to be able to wander through this world and feel natural.

Krall

Banned
Awwwww goddamnit

I was about to post mine I already had lore and everything.

Sorry dude, I didn't know. If you ever need just an hour or two to get your entry in but you're worried the voting thread will be posted before it's done, feel free to PM me and I can delay posting the new threads a short while. :)

Sorry dude, I didn't know. If you ever need just an hour or two to get your entry in but you're worried the voting thread will be posted before it's done, feel free to PM me and I can delay posting the new threads a short while. :)

It's fine, I just didn't understand the rules.

No worries.