Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Tardis218

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • torten

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My vote goes to Imladrik.

In my opinion this contest had the potential to produce alot of great and creative maps but ended-up with a bunch of the same idea and some poorly executed maps.

Krall

Banned
My vote goes to Imladrik.

In my opinion this contest had the potential to produce alot of great and creative maps but ended-up with a bunch of the same idea and some poorly executed maps.

What did you like about Imladrik's map?

What did you like about Imladrik's map?

It was unique (how often do you hear anything about Bretons, other than maps randomly having an independent Brittany), well done map-making wise and it made me realize I can decipher Breton pretty easily :p.

So many good stuff it's hard to make a choice... My own entry looks very sub-par in comparison!

(At least it helped me learn to use Inkscape)

My vote went to Aven's entry. Very close second came Zalesky with his Slavs in Oregon.
Upvoteanthology's map was nice scenario-wise but I felt that it could have looked better.
I also liked MyGreyOwl's Borealia. It had a very different backstory compared to most other entries.

DO anyone but Aven and Zalesky win, ever? :p

Both are great maps

I've only ever won twice and both times it was a draw XD
And honestly, I think that many people vote because of aesthetics instead of the idea :/ Personally I think that's a shame . . .

As for who I voted for, I had a very tough time choosing between Njodr, MrGreyOwl and Zalesky since I loved all three ideas. ^_^

As for who I voted for, I had a very tough time choosing between Njodr, MrGreyOwl and Zalesky since I loved all three ideas. ^_^
Just the idea of someone like Aven liking my maps makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside :D

I win most rounds I enter, but I just noticed that I did not participate since 2013(!).

Well why don't you join us? :D

Just the idea of someone like Aven liking my maps makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside :D

Please XDDD I'm a little fish. However the one thing to remember is that you should be making maps for yourself, not for other. Lots of people on dA feel like I'm there just for them and I've made it pretty clear that I make the art I do for my own amusement ;) That's all you need to make good art :)

Kingpoleon

Banned
Upvoteantheology:

It's a modern/futuristic style, not something I like. I notice the story is well-thought out, and I like the lingual diversity of the island. Island-only nations fascinate me for the possibility of a diverse nation with much cultural intermixing. Most interesting was the concept of immigration leading to ethnical oppression being called "gerrymandering". While I wish the map had a faded, old look to it, I admire the detail and originality of the idea.

Please don't let this one end in a tie :p

I really liked Imladrik's entry :) take my vote good sir!

Also, great entries to all!