• Kaiphranos

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • JoeyB2198

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Ares96 and Gryphon

Votes: 30 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK. Now that the voting is over, this is what I liked about my own map.

(I mean, aside from the whole "warm water port, transcontinental railroad, and Alsace, Lorraine" thing.)

• Detroit as the capital of Canada
  • The name "Charlottania" which is a derivation of an amazing name I saw on an OTL map for the same region
  • "Kaministiqua" (OTL Thunder Bay), which is an intentional misspelling of the river that empties into Lake Superior
  • "Miami" (OTL Cincinnati) which is just east of the Great Miami River in Ohio
  • "Natriopolis" (OTL Salt Lake City) and "Salinas" -- two great salt-based names
  • The intentional misspelling of Strousburgh (OTL Colorado Springs), Shrewsburry (OTL Bozeman) and Saskatun.
  • I like that Yukon Territory is everything north and east of the Yukon River, including much of OTL Alaska
  • "Oglethorpe" (no OTL equivalent) named after the founder of the Colony of Georgia in OTL
  • "Connorsville" named after one of the founding fathers of Texas (no OTL equivalent) that brought Texas to empire status
  • That South Carolina realized early in its existence that it couldn't maintain a 18-mile wide corridor to the Mississippi so it sold the western half to North Carolina (to piss off Georgia), but kept the portion east of the Tennessee River
  • I like that the Bahamas are part of the Republic of Georgia
  • The phrase "France had its third and fourth revolutions"
  • The idea that there is a castle across the river from Detroit in Georgetown (OTL Windsor), and that the Monarch has a summer estate on Mackinac Island.
Mackinac Island is just one of those places that asks to be home to a Royal estate, you know what I mean?

What I liked about my map was that I managed to get an entry in on time. :p

Apart from that, I liked reading up on the OTL version of events. (Part of what our history calls the "Beaver Wars." How's that for a name?)