Votes: 36 42.4%
  • Krall

Votes: 34 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Krall

Banned
Voted for Krall

A German Diaspora in Afghanistan is simply too awesome for me not to vote for that map (in addition to the rather pleasing aesthetics).

Thanks! :D I'd say I voted for you too, but I'm too tired to read the description to your map right now. :eek:

I was worried that a German diaspora in Afghanistan would be a rather dry, uninspiring idea, but I guess my judgement's off right now. Like my depth perception.

Argh this is very difficult. On the one hand Krall's map is really good ans very original while Reagent's is great but I don't like the (imo) too bright rivers :(

I don't know which one to pick :/

Krall

Banned
Argh this is very difficult. On the one hand Krall's map is really good ans very original while Reagent's is great but I don't like the (imo) too bright rivers :(

I don't know which one to pick :/

Would the fact that my map contains (extremely subtle) references to a webcomic and a 90s anime series convince you? ;)

Krall

Banned
Normally my maps have some sort of paper texture overlaid to reduce that, but I couldn't really find a good paper texture that was large enough for this round.

And, even I did find one, importing the thing may end up being too much for the inkscape file (when I decided to export image to PNG, it took 10 minutes to load :p)

You could've opened the exported PNG in Paint.Net and overlaid it on top of the paper texture in that - that's what I do. :p

Normally my maps have some sort of paper texture overlaid to reduce that, but I couldn't really find a good paper texture that was large enough for this round.

And, even I did find one, importing the thing may end up being too much for the inkscape file (when I decided to export image to PNG, it took 10 minutes to load :p)

Well, you could also try a different colour :p

And I know the feeling about the export function, it took it 20 minutes to load when I made the Argentina map, so awful.

By the way, Krall, Reagent, what if I send you my credit card info and you donate/lobby to convince one way or another? ;):cool:

Krall

Banned
Good idea.

No problem. Just make sure you don't change your contest entry - now the voting thread's posted no changes are allowed. :)

By the way, Krall, Reagent, what if I send you my credit card info and you donate/lobby to convince one way or another? ;):cool:

But I am poor - and if obscure anime references can't convince you, I don't see how money could. :p

Reagent's map is, as always, absolutely stunning, but I like Krall's backstory better. Voted for Krall.

But I am poor - and if obscure anime references can't convince you, I don't see how money could. :p

But I don't get anima references, since I only watch Legend of Korra :p

On the other, the € is a language I do speak ;)

Krall

Banned
But I don't get anima references, since I only watch Legend of Korra :p

Well, even if you did watch a lot of anime I doubt you'd've seen Serial Experiments Lain.

It's a weird anime about how human communication networks (collectively known as "the Wired") come to encompass all information about reality, thus becoming reality, and an internet protocol which turns a schoolgirl into an unwilling god. I decided to use the term "wired" to mean "connected" or "online" in this timeline, hence Marefa Wired. The "Wired" part of the logo is in the same font that's used in Serial Experiments Lain, too. :eek:

On the other, the € is a language I do speak ;)

Unfortunately I only speak £. They tried to teach us € in school, but I was never particularly good at it. :p

I think Heisenberg had the best concept but Krall had the most eye pleasing map, so I went for him.

Krall

Banned
I think Heisenberg had the best concept but Krall had the most eye pleasing map, so I went for him.

Ah, thank you! :D

I'm hoping that this round ends in a tie, if only so I have an excuse to make more maps (not that I really need an excuse, but I need the motivation).

Krall

Banned
Dammit, just two votes away from a Map Duel! If only I'd been more self-centred and voted for myself! :mad:

*ahem* Anyway, congratulations on your victory, Reagent! :D