MotF 96: Just in Case

Krall

Banned
Just in Case

The Challenge
Make a map showing a war plan.

The Restrictions
There are no restrictions on when your PoD or map may be set. Fantasy, sci-fi, and future maps are allowed, but blatantly implausible (ASB) maps are not.

The war plan can show anything related to a military operation - invasion routes, logistics, artillery or air strike targets, etc. - and it may be a plan of a real operation, or a hypothetical plan that is unlikely to ever be executed.

If you're not sure whether your idea meets the criteria of this challenge, please feel free to PM me.

---

The entry period for this round shall end when the voting thread is posted on Sunday the 20th of April.

---

THIS THREAD IS FOR ENTRIES ONLY.

Any discussion must take place in the main thread. If you post anything other than a map entry (or a description accompanying a map entry) in this thread then you will be asked to delete the post. If you refuse to delete the post, post something that is clearly disruptive or malicious, or post spam then you may be disqualified from entering in this round of MotF and you may be reported to the board's moderators.

Remember to vote on the previous round of MotF!

Here is my entry. I will attempt to get in a writeup.

contest2.png

Dirk

Banned
My entry. I'm pretty much a noob at mapmaking, so I don't expect to win.

This map is set in late 1648, just after the beginning of the uprising of the Zaporozhian Cossacks, led by Hetman Bohdan Khmelnystky, against the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. The POD is that King Wladyslaw IV of the Commonwealth dies a few months earlier, thus aggravating the rebellion but giving the anti-rebellion party of the Seym (the Commonwealth's legislature) and regency to prepare against the pro-peace/negotiation party. IOTL Wladyslaw's gentle brother John II Casimir was elected and negotiations with Khmelnystky opened up, which left powerful border magnates such as Jeremi Wisniowiecki with no support and with much to lose; ITTL Wladyslaw and John Casimir's more warlike younger brother Karol is elected and immediately raises the crown levies in Poland, which is remote and removed from the rebellion in Ukraine.

Letters are sent, and the plan is thus: King Karol will move against Cossack general Maksym Kryvonis in the middle of the Ukraine, destroying Cossack patrols and peasant rebels along the way, and then head for Khmelnystky himself. Karol's general Stefan Czarniecki will circle around, securing central Ruthenia and dispersing the forces of the Crimean Tatars who have been invited there by the Cossacks, and then cut off Khmelnytsky's escape routes. Meanwhile, the great magnate Jeremi Wisniowiecki, whose name strikes fear into Ruthenians, Cossacks, and Tatars alike, will gather his forces at Lubnie and subdue the rebellion on the other side of the vast Dnieper River.

Mopping up operations will then occur, and retaliation against the Tatars is planned.

1648.png

basically there is a stalemate in the Francoprussian war, but Prussia still manages to unite Germany, and comes back with Belgian assistance to win the 1st Franco German war. Now a huge French militarisation has caught the continental's of guard and the UK has to intervene to keep France from dominating the continent.

hGZ3Nfi.jpg

My entry, If I get at-least a vote then my map-making was successful

In year 2008 after Russia invaded Georgia, NATO decided to make a war plan in case Russia invades any of it's neighbors again. In the original plan the invasion was meant do go trough Ukraine, Belarus and Russia but after revolution in Ukraine plan was remade to invade Russia only trough Belarus.
The goal of the plan is to capture most of Russian military bases in Eastern Europe, and when caught then kill Vladimir Putin.

Differences from OTL: Finland joined NATO in 2004 together with Baltic States due of fear of Putin (and Russia). Who has become the Head of State Russian Federation and is know for being a (former) member of KGB, that is now replaced by FSB that is de facto controlled by Putin and violating human rights of anti-Putinists.

jnc_zpsa8e04dcd.png

this is best that I can do at the moment

Last edited:
wa6nah.png

T-Minus Five Hours Till Invasion of Taiwan

The Sino-American War has raged for five days so far. It has been bloody in the five days, since the attack upon the Ronald Reagan Strike Group, and Destroyer Squadrons 23 and 29. Nearly six hundred and ninety-two American servicemen and women died in the engagements, with an additional six hundred and forty-one servicemen and women injured in various degrees (who had yet to die). Three American warships were sunk. Seven warships struck, and disabled. Five more in various degrees. American and Taiwanese fighters have engaged with Chinese fighters over the course of five days, major zones of engagement noticed, as AWACS brings in fighters for engagements. Fifth generation jet aircraft have seen their usage, as air engagements are common, with fighters lost to both sides.

The People's Republic of China, had been building up forces for more than six weeks, ever since the Taiwanese government have been moving for independence. In the past two days, flotillas have put to sea, to ready for the invasion of Taiwan. It is a challenge, but as the Taiwan Strait further and further is controlled by Chinese fighters, the PRC knows it needs to knock out Taiwan, before the Americans can send direct reinforcements in, and repair the Ronald Reagan. As such, the crucial invasion of Taiwan readies to begin.

1: Primary American air bases at Okinawa, providing aircraft to the fight against China.
2: The James A. Spruance Strike Group (not pictured), operating in the South China Sea.

A. Northern Invasion Force. Composed of significant air cover, amphibious assault ships, and troop transports. 5,000 Marines and 45,000 Army personnel make up the initial landing force. Nearly 50,000 Army personnel behind, directly across the Straits.
B. Central Invasion Force. 50,000 Army personnel make up the initial landing force. Nearly 50,000 Army personnel behind, directly across the Straits.
C. Southern Invasion Force. Composed of one Carrier Battle Group, and an Amphibious Assault Group. 10,000 Marines, and 5,000 Army personnel make up the main landing force.
D. Taiwan Defense Zone North. Composed of roughly 40% of the Taiwanese Army, and significant helicopter and Anti-Ship assets.
E. Taiwan Defense Zone South. Composed of roughly 30% of the Taiwanese Army, and significant helicopter and Anti-Ship assets.
F. Primary American air-aspect zone. Composed of primary AWACS platforms, which coordinate intercepts to airborne fighters, and tankers for refueling of AWACS or fighters.

Diagonal Marking: Main Air Engagement Zones.
Dash-Dot-Dash: Air Defense Perimeter (Chinese and Taiwanese ADP not pictured due to lack of space)
Dash-Dot-Dot: Landing Forces

As usual, my entry is part of the timeline I really will get down to sometime before too long. Revisions have rendered the two previous entries set after the 1940s obsolete, although they hopefully make the scenario more realistic/interesting, and include the addition of a war not present in the original drafts to which this map pertains. With the remaining great powers of Europe distracted by the Adriatic War, the Soviets see an excellent opportunity for expansion. They are aware that the Red Army, being in the process of being purged [1], might not perform optimally. But although Stalin would have liked the present crisis to come several years later, he and his inner circle are confident that the Red Army's advantage in manpower and material will be enough to fulfill most of its objectives. He is in for a bit of a disappointment...

[1] Due to factors like lower tensions in Europe in the 1930s and delayed German rearmament with respect to OTL, the purges came later then in OTL.

opMars.png