WI no Greek 1967 coup?

well it depends what happens instead, I mean... funny story, in 1967 the CIA had set up for a General's coup, when the Colonels lunched theirs the Americans were pissed, thinking their Generals had lunched the coup with out telling them, before figuring out it was a totally different coup :p I'm guessing you don't mean "what if the Generals coup rather then the Colonels?"

well it depends what happens instead, I mean... funny story, in 1967 the CIA had set up for a General's coup, when the Colonels lunched theirs the Americans were pissed, thinking their Generals had lunched the coup with out telling them, before figuring out it was a totally different coup :p I'm guessing you don't mean "what if the Generals coup rather then the Colonels?"

That can work too.

With a 1960 POD.

Hmm, there's lots of events which, if played correctly, would be butterflied away - Lambrakis's peace march (where he was the sole runner), the Apostasia, and a few other things.

Ideally, however, unless I converse with the Greek AH.commers, I think 1960 is too late because the political scene by then is well and truly polarized. I would say an immediate post-Civil War POD would be better. If you insist on a POD in 1960, then give Konstantinos some backbone to stand up to Frederika and/or get Frederika out of the picture. Frederika is the main liability in the Greek royal family here, and her meddling into all sorts of affairs helped to sour the Greek public mood towards the royalty (as if the attitude towards the monarchy was already low and negative to begin with anyway). In fact, Frederika was the one who pushed the monarchy towards supporting the 1967 coup, in part because she basically ordered Konstantinos to "sign the bloody paper".

Hmm, there's lots of events which, if played correctly, would be butterflied away - Lambrakis's peace march (where he was the sole runner), the Apostasia, and a few other things.

Ideally, however, unless I converse with the Greek AH.commers, I think 1960 is too late because the political scene by then is well and truly polarized. I would say an immediate post-Civil War POD would be better. If you insist on a POD in 1960, then give Konstantinos some backbone to stand up to Frederika and/or get Frederika out of the picture. Frederika is the main liability in the Greek royal family here, and her meddling into all sorts of affairs helped to sour the Greek public mood towards the royalty (as if the attitude towards the monarchy was already low and negative to begin with anyway). In fact, Frederika was the one who pushed the monarchy towards supporting the 1967 coup, in part because she basically ordered Konstantinos to "sign the bloody paper".

So I guess an immediate post-CW POD would be better. For Frederika, would a convenient accident do it? If she's out of the picture, how would Constantine react differently when the various political flashpoints come up?

So I guess an immediate post-CW POD would be better.

More or less. If you can get Frederika out of the picture, it would help Greece out a lot.

For Frederika, would a convenient accident do it?

You could try. You could also have her die when giving birth to Princess Irene in 1942, either with Irene surviving as a healthy baby girl or as a stillborn.

If she's out of the picture, how would Constantine react differently when the various political flashpoints come up?

He'd still be spineless, that's for sure, but maybe without Frederika out of the picture he would do all his best to avoid the military coup. However, that doesn't solve a fundamental problem in that, much like the Tsars of Imperial Russia, Frederika was symptomatic of those members of the Royal Family who more or less distrusted a constitutional monarchy and wanted the monarchy itself to run the show. In this scenario, Konstantinos would be perfect for a constitutional monarchy.