Liberty's Century: The Story of George W. Bush and the New Millennium

Liberty's Century
The Story of George W. Bush and the New Millennium

"This young century will be liberty's century." - George W. Bush

Corbis-WL009229.jpg

Is that really a quote from Dubya in the title? Methinks it contains too many multi-syllable words to have dribbled from his lips.
And yes, I really do think that little of the bloody man. :mad:

Is that really a quote from Dubya in the title? Methinks it contains too many multi-syllable words to have dribbled from his lips.

It is, and I think Bush is smarter than people think.

Look, you don't become President of the United States without being a smart man. Its that simple, and I understand that you may not be a fan of George W. Bush, just as I am nowhere near a fan of Clinton or Obama, but I do accept the fact that both of those men are not stupid, they just have strongly different ways of thinking, methods, and opinions than my own that I may hold the thinking that are stupid. You simply do not become President if you are not intelligent.

Now, I will be the first to admit that W. was not a very media minded person who could have been much better at giving speeches, but I hold the strong opinion that the man was a very valid and good leader, with many of his debated decisions being made in a fog of war.

Also, I don't jump into other peoples threads and bash the Presidents I don't like, and I would appreciate it if others would begin to do the same with those regarding Bush.

- A fan of George W. Bush

oh and nick, i look forward to this if its going to go where i think its going.

Look, you don't become President of the United States without being a smart man. Its that simple, and I understand that you may not be a fan of George W. Bush, just as I am nowhere near a fan of Clinton or Obama, but I do accept the fact that both of those men are not stupid, they just have strongly different ways of thinking, methods, and opinions than my own that I may hold the thinking that are stupid. You simply do not become President if you are not intelligent.

Now, I will be the first to admit that W. was not a very media minded person who could have been much better at giving speeches, but I hold the strong opinion that the man was a very valid and good leader, with many of his debated decisions being made in a fog of war.

Also, I don't jump into other peoples threads and bash the Presidents I don't like, and I would appreciate it if others would begin to do the same with those regarding Bush.

- A fan of George W. Bush

The only President you are allowed to blindly hate on this website is Woodrow Wilson. Everybody hates Woodrow Wilson.

Good to hear! It's not entirely a Bush wank, but it would be pretty damn difficult to make a timeline where Bush does worse than he did in office, so I've braved myself in the face of those allegations. This timeline is sculpted over one defining question: How much control did George Bush really have over his administration? If you think he was a micro manager and that most of the decisions he made were made on his own, you're probably going to disagree with a lot of what I've written. While Bush isn't "weak" in this timeline, it answers the question of what a different inner circle might have meant for Bush and his presidency.

d32123

Banned
The only President you are allowed to blindly hate on this website is Woodrow Wilson. Everybody hates Woodrow Wilson.

Well even he was intelligent even though he was vile evil putrid scum and such.

Blindly hating Presidents is fine in my book, especially since most of them probably deserve it.

I don't blindly hate him..... his league of nations probably could have worked if we had joined into it.... but..... the pros to him being president are dwarfed by all of the other cons, up to his massive imposed taxes, to his latent racism.

So, I'll continue to strongly dislike him, thank you for the support :)