Hohenzollern Texas

Xen

Banned
Perhaps instead of trying to restore Europe after the Napoleonic Wars the victorious powers decide to conquer what they can. The Prussians unite most of Germania under the Hohenzollerns, and the issue in Louisiana is resolved by giving most of the land to Germany, while the rest goes to Britain (Canada). France has to pay the US back, and the US is allowed to keep New Orleans and all territory east of the Mississippi.

Germans begin settling in the southern Louisiana territory and into Tejas from Mexico. The land is better and gets more immigration. A brief War between Mexico and Germania follows in which Mexico loses. Well you catch the drift, by the early twentieth century the Germans in Texas start wanting more homerule. The Kaiser puts a brother on the throne of Texas, but the colony remains attached to the German Empire, but eventually declares indepdence for some reason or another.

Funny, I just recently read about the Texas Germans (Fredericksburg) and thought whether I could make a TL from that. More immigration? Revolutionaries of 1848 decide to flee there in unison...

I've been trying to make a timeline forever about a USA that breaks up after the Civil War, and a newly independent Texas later becomes very close to Germany economically and militarily... even siding with the Kaiser in World War 1. Only problem with that is they were always staunchly republican... get a monarchial sentiment with a big increase in the German population and it wouldn't be too hard.

Maybe if Mexico stayed imperial, under Iturbide, there could be a position to the effect of Duke of Tejas or something. Texas could seperate from Mexico, and with a little royal mixing and matching, a Hohenzollern could end up on the Texan throne?

Well this goes back Centuries but the Prussians Colonize the Region? In the 1800's theres a revolution and it's crushed by the Prussian Army, but as a Comprimise the Nations are Seperated within a Federation, with a Hohenzollern on the throne of Texas...