challenge: United City-States of Italy

I have some sort of idea for an alternate Italy. I need a QBAM patch of it, for my work in progress map which you can view here: http://i.imgur.com/KeBWKLj.png

The idea is 'the United City-States of Italy'. I'd like to see Italy having lots of different states like Piedmont, Mantua, Liguria, Siena, Lucca, Florence, Sicily, Basilicata, Tuscany, Rome, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Montenegro, Crete, Greek states, Epirus, Albania, Dalmatia, Istria. Please leave Croatia and Slavonia, which I'll make *Croatia.

Anyone willing to take the challenge?

Or try This:

Insubria_key.PNG

Is that a surving Marquisate of Montferrat:eek::cool::eek:

Not Really. The second map was just a "Historic Regions" map.
Monferrat is indeed a cultural/historic/agricultural region with a distintive character, so I put it on the map. For the same reason Chianti is represented, but the current Chianti region is slightly bigger than the historical one, hence the two colors.
By the way, my sources weren't very accurate about the Monferrat's borders, so I'd be grateful if someone could come up with a better graphic (that includes the subdivision in Upper, Lower and Middle Monferrat).
I hope that was useful.

Ask if you have any doubts, even in private.

This is a map I made for Ill Bethisad, where Italy is basically a union of city-states and historical territories.

The material in Ill Bethisad is a little half-baked; two people (DeCameron and Sectori) created two different concepts for Italy and abandoned them before they were finished. Hence the strange legend on my map; it's an attempt to harmonize contradictory material.

"Metropolitan Duchy" is another oddity. Basically they are modern city-states that achieved a kind of home rule within the Kingdom, but because of some kind of hyper-monarchist culture the elected mayors are called Dukes, even though they elected to fixed terms like any other municipal leader.

Italia.PNG

This is a map I made for Ill Bethisad, where Italy is basically a union of city-states and historical territories.

The material in Ill Bethisad is a little half-baked; two people (DeCameron and Sectori) created two different concepts for Italy and abandoned them before they were finished. Hence the strange legend on my map; it's an attempt to harmonize contradictory material.

"Metropolitan Duchy" is another oddity. Basically they are modern city-states that achieved a kind of home rule within the Kingdom, but because of some kind of hyper-monarchist culture the elected mayors are called Dukes, even though they elected to fixed terms like any other municipal leader.

Thank you. This is very useful, most likely.

Here's a list with all states, by the way:

Piedmont
Turin
Saluzzo
Liguria
Montferrat
Asti
Lombardy
Milan
Como
Lugano
Bellinzona