Effect of earlier discovery of gold in California on negotiation at Guadalupe-Hidalgo

If news broke out of the discovery of gold at Sutter's Mill just prior to the conclusion of treaty negotiations between the US and Mexico, how would this alter the terms of the eventual treaty? Would it be as simple as the US increasing the amount offered for California and the western territories or would the entire treaty have to be rebuilt from the ground up?

If news broke out of the discovery of gold at Sutter's Mill just prior to the conclusion of treaty negotiations between the US and Mexico, how would this alter the terms of the eventual treaty? Would it be as simple as the US increasing the amount offered for California and the western territories or would the entire treaty have to be rebuilt from the ground up?
Last year, my history professor suggested a "what if" if Mexico had discovered the gold before the whole war. She had quite a story to tell on that.

As to the OP, I'd say that Mexico would do their best to try to keep California, but I doubt they'd be able to keep it.