A Canadian Timeline Request svp

I was wondering if someone would like to make a TL based on this map I made. Where John A. Macdonald was Prime Minister of Canada from 1867 - 1891. Giving him the time for his two great dreams. A literal Coast to Coast rail road (Vancouver Island - Newfoundland)(I know Newfoundland joined later). And a RCMP based on "the amalgamation of the races." In John A's original plan the RCMP was to be made up of Two Hundred Officers, One Hundred Anglo-Canadians, Seventy Five Franco-Canadians, Twenty Five Native-Canadians.

As well as two other major lines coming later. For both population reason and trade.

I am looking forward too see what you come up with.

RED - Canadian National Railway
BLUE - North-West Railway
Yellow - Quebec-Toronto Railway

CanadaRail_zpsb380d15d.png

Technically, Montral to Vancouver IS literally coast to coast.

Also, your nw rr would be exceedingly costly, for very little economic benefit.

Thirdly, the rr through labrador and then down the largely unpopulated parts of nfld would also to be very very expensive to build, again with little ecomic benefit.

Moreover the spur to Anticosti island, which iirc is uninhabited, would make even less sense, no?

Agreed. If we got our hands on Alaska then the Northwest railroad (really only referring to the territorial branch, since the other is just the CN transcontinental route) would make a lot of sense, but without it it's just not going to happen. Anticosti Island is utter nonsense, and a tunnel to Newfoundland is conceivable only in the 20th century, but just isn't going to happen without something like oil revenue driving Newfoundland's economy. You might be able to get a branch of the Newfoundland railway up to the Straight of Belle Isle, but even that would amount to an expensive vanity project using funds that the Dominion of Newfound just didn't have.

As for the RCMP, that's going to take a fundamentally different culture to be anything like acceptable. Maybe if Riel wins at Batoche (don't ask me how, it's pretty well ASB) and ends up forming Saskatchewan in a similar manner to Manitoba we could see some sort of gesture toward a west that would be a lot more French and Native influenced, but again this would be pretty much politically untenable. If the Saskatchewan valley is much more French than OTL, the locals side with the Rebellion and popular opinion in Quebec is with the rebels could we see real worry about violence in Central Canada and an inability to send a full strength force west? Trigger unrest in Quebec by way of a more forced Confederation that maintains the Ontario/Quebec union (which could help to get Newfoundland and PEI in early as well)?