• tnowacki

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • VulcanTrekkie45

Votes: 17 18.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Krall

Banned
Blomma's, while epic, doesn't really shout 'transport map' at me. As a result I'm going with Krall, partially for the SIMSUN FONT OF CURVING EPICNESS.

Vulcan because I've been trying to make a map in the exact same style and failing furiously, so I'm personally impressed.

VT45

Banned
Did you do the routes first and then the geography?

Yes. Basically do design a route, take a look at where you want it to start and end. Then take a look at the places in between that might have stops. I generally look to place one every 30 miles or so (closer in in really densely populated areas). And also pay attention to what of the eight compass directions it is from one station to the next. Always use 90 and 45 degree angles.

Yes. Basically do design a route, take a look at where you want it to start and end. Then take a look at the places in between that might have stops. I generally look to place one every 30 miles or so (closer in in really densely populated areas). And also pay attention to what of the eight compass directions it is from one station to the next. Always use 90 and 45 degree angles.
Yeah, I think I was trying to make it too accurate instead of being clear.

Every entry in this round was excellent in quality AND in content, which made it difficult to choose, however ultimately I went with Krall's, since Afghanistan to often gets screwed IOTL and in ATLs.

Last edited:

Krall

Banned
Yeah, I think I was trying to make it too accurate instead of being clear.

That's a common problem in map-making - the trade-of between accurate detail and clear communication. I've tended towards the latter recently, hence why my most recent maps are generally cleaner and more minimalist. :)

Vulcan, because I've tried making maps of that type before and that looks exactly like what I was trying to achieve, prior to realizing how infuriatingly difficult it is. :p

Krall

Banned
Still a couple of hours left to vote for me - I mean, uh, to vote for anyone without any sort of pressure or outside influence! Heheh. Heh. <.< >.>

VT45

Banned
I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Blomma on his victory. It was a close race, but his map won, and I am in any case really impressed with it.