Land Of Confusion: The Wild Ride of the 2012 IRNA Presidential Election

Robert Taft Beltway. Washington D.C. Capitol of the Industrial Republic of North America. Monday September 10, 2012.... 6:00am Eastern Summer Time.

I'm surprised I slept at all. I'll need every minute especially to extricate ourselves out of another fine mess.

Fine messes, official mischief and military hardware. Two things the Industrial Republic of North America makes better than anybody else in the world.

I guess it's in our history, all of our history. It dates back to long before the breakup in '35. It goes back to 1776.

1776. I think about that date a lot. When I was at school at Middlebury, we talked about that a great deal. Bringing things back together. Some of old profs up there still talked about it. But most people liked Independent Vermont.

Me? I felt like my parents. They came to New York from Hungary, escaping the pogroms. They were afraid of the Nazis and the Russian communists, but they fell under the weight of their own corruption, waste and general madness.

Those are the same things I fear happening to us.

Those who forget history are forced to repeat it. And time and time against we got caught up by our indifference, our hubris and our ignorance.

What do I have on this hard drive? Shuffle...play anything.

(Music filters through the luxury car)

Genesis, I remember this as a young staffer for the party. I'm glad they didn't put it on the restricted list. They tended to do things like that back then even with the opposition in charge..

Excuse me, I haven't introduced myself. My name is Lawrence Ari Fleischer and I have one hell of a job. I have to get a President maybe half the country doesn't like reelected.

Lord, there has to be a better way to make a living.

(Fleischer is lost in the music as the first strands of the voice of Phil Collins filter through the car.)

I mustve dreamed a thousand dreams
Been haunted by a million screams
But I can hear the marching feet
They're moving into the street.

"WILLKIE VOWS TO REUNITE NATION" -- New York Times headline January 20, 1937

Now did you read the news today
They say the dangers gone away

"NAZI GOVERNMENT FALLS! Hitler found dead in Berlin Bunker" -- London Times headline May 7, 1942

"STALIN OVERTHROWN. MOLOTOV LEADS EMERGENCY GOVERNMENT -- New York Times headline August 17, 1942"

But I can see the fires still alight
There burning into the night.

"We must be concerned about the negro problem in the CSA, but we must also question if its worth a second bloody conflict on North American soil" -- IRNA President Robert Taft Jr. October 15, 1948

"TAFT DEFEATS SMITH" -- Chicago Tribune headline November 3, 1948

There's too many men
Too many people
Making too many problems
And not much love to go round
Cant you see
This is a land of confusion.

"If we are reunite America, we have to allow the south their due course of state's rights" -- President Tom Dewey, Organization of American States conference February 20, 1955

"Mr. President, the greater cause of human rights should be far more important to free nations and free men than the hollow call of rights by those seeking to deny them." -- GPUR President Harold Stassen, in response to Dewey.

This is the world we live in
And these are the hands were given
Use them and lets start trying
To make it a place worth living in.

"We can now safely project that when all the votes are counted Henry Cabot Lodge has the electoral votes needed. Henry Cabot Lodge is President of the Industrial Republic." -- John Chancellor, NBC News election night coverage, November 8, 1960

"The Industrial Republic of North America comes from a noble tradition of freedom for all people at all times. We cannot stand on the wrong side of history in regards to the aggression of the Confederate States." -- Henry Cabot Lodge in a televised address to the nation March 16, 1961."

Ooh superman where are you now?

"IRNA FORCES CLASH WITH CONFEDERATE FORCES IN ATLANTIC"

"PRESIDENT LODGE PLEDGE SUPPORT FOR COALITION"

"STEVENSON IN UN 'TRADE TALKS, NOT TRADE WAR' -- headlines from the start of the Trade War, 1963

When everythings gone wrong somehow..

"CSA HAS THE BOMB" -- Washington Post.. August 26, 1963

"RED CHINESE A-BOMB TIBETAN TROOPS" -- Washington Post August 2, 1966

"It is regrettable to take such a course of action. It is not an action that we nor our allies wanted to take. But seeing the aggression on the part of the Chinese Communist regime, the free world had no other option." -- Australian Prime Minister Robert Menzies, after the allied nuclear bombing of Wuhan, PRC.

"Be it resolved that we work to someday eradicate nuclear weapons. These weapons are too deadly for any nation to consider using. If you have future wars using these bombs, you won't have enough bulldozers to bury the bodies." -- GPUR National Defense Council Chairman Gen Dwight David Eisenhower,at the signing of the Cairns Convention on Nuclear Armaments. May 29, 1968.

The men of steel, the men of power

"The GPUR continues to flaunt the rules of international trade and goodwill. The Humphrey regime in Omaha has left us no other option but the use of force." President Spiro Agnew address to the nation on the invasion of the GPUR by the IRNA in protest of a GPUR agricultural embargo July 6, 1970

"Nelson Rockefeller has been elected President in the IRNA tonight by an overwhelming majority, and this observer prays that the gentleman from New york truly acts upon seeking a new course for his nation and their relations with the rest of the North American continent. To have the IRNA back within the family of sane nations is a welcome sight for the continent and the world." -- GPBC news anchor Walter Cronkite November 7, 1972

"PEACE, AT LAST: Rockefeller, McGovern sign peace accords." -- Kansas City Star headling on the Salina Peace Conference, July 4, 1973

"Let us not be brainwashed into making fellow North Americans enemies to placate the madness of a few." -- IRNA Vice President George Romney, speaking at the University of Nebraska.. January 25, 1974.

"That is one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." -- IRNA Astronaut Neil Armstrong standing on the surface of the moon during joint NASA (North American Space Agency)-Franco British Aerospatinale Apollo Project Mission, June 20, 1976

"Tonight a North American stands on the moon, backed by a Englishman, a Frenchman, and cooperation by 10 nations. Let this be the beginning of new age of peace in the world, and especially lasting peace among the free nations of North America," Nelson Rockefeller addressing the IRNA, June 20, 1976

Are losing control by the hour.

"ROMNEY ASSASSINATED IN TERRORIST ATTACK: Anti-American Maple Leaf Army Claims Reponsibility." --Detroit Free Press headline June 9, 1974

"FORD: "I hope to make George proud." -- Detriot Free Press headline. June 12, 1974

"ROCKEFELLER ROLLS TO SECOND TERM" -- New York Times headline November 2, 1976

"President Nelson Rockefeller has been shot. The President was at the United Nations special conference on global development when a lone gunman fired an automatic weapon in a group that including President Rockefeller and Confederate defector George Wallace, who had addressed to conference to continue the economic sanctions on the CSA earlier in the day.." BBC World Service correspondent Morton Dean.. October 11, 1978

"PRESIDENT FORD ASSASSINATED IN CALIFORNIA: Lone woman in custody." Washington Post headline September 22, 1979

"I do not wish to be President. I'm not running in 1980. My job is to heal to country for whomever wins," President Alphonse D'Amato, October 1, 1979

"D'AMATO WALKS OUT OF GPUR TRADE TALKS" -- Chicago Tribune headline December 9, 1979

"D'AMATO, DOLE NEARLY COME TO BLOWS" -- Topeka Capital Journal headline December 9, 1979

"The goodwill of Nelson Rockefeller, George Romney and Gerald Ford died with them unfortunately. The spirit of aggression and arrogance has returned to the IRNA, and again we will see to it that they are stung by the arrogance again." -- GPUR President Robert Dole, March 5, 1980.

"We are a nation at war, and now is to time to for us to finish the job and let the Great Plains know that their belligerence will answered by our resolve." -- Donald Rumfeld, accepting the Industrial Republican nomination for President, August 14, 1980.

"RUMSFELD RIDES WAR VOTE TO WHITE HOUSE." -- Chicago Sun Times headline November 4, 1980.

"IRNA WITHDRAWS FORCES, SUES FOR PEACE." -- Omaha-World Herald. December 13, 1981.

"We may have to consider a nuclear solution to deal with Omaha in the future." -- Memo by Vice-President Alexander Haig, January 18, 1982

"HAIG MEMO CALLS FOR NUKE STRIKE ON OMAHA." -- Dallas Morning News headline, February 14, 1982

"If that Haig's idea of a valentine, it wasn't very loving or wise. Future proof how unhinged the IRNA is," GPUR President Robert Dole, February 15, 1982.

"The Pat Brown Doctrine will be extended to the IRNA if necessary," California President. Alan Cranston, February 18, 1982

"RUMSFELD: I STAND BY AL HAIG." -- New York Times headlines February 22, 1982

"Donald Rumsfeld said he'd stand by Al Haig. Well, it looks like he'll be standing by him on the unemployment line." -- Comedian Johnny Carson's opening monologue on "The Tonight Show", November 6, 1984

"PRESIDENT GLENN: WHIP INFLATION NOW" -- Cleveland Plain Dealer headline.. March 21, 1985

"DOW DROPS 400 POINTS, Worst since '29" -- New York Times, Monday October 19, 1987

"John Glenn is a pilot and astronaut. The man knows how to fly, but for the sake of our economy, he needs to be grounded." IR/GOP Presidential nominee Pete DuPont, September 7, 1988.

"Its barely 9pm on the east coast and the party can start early. Pete DuPont has been elected President," Roger Mudd on CBS News election coverage November 8, 1988."

"Mister Mondale refuses to see reason, just like his predecessors who sought to starve our people," Pete DuPont, June 10, 1990

"When will the Industrial Republicans realize that we are making ourselves the fools of the world?" -- New Jersey Senator Bill Bradley, October 30, 1990.

This is the time
This is the place
So we look for the future

"PRESIDENT BRADLEY: "IT'S TIME TO REJOIN THE WORLD." -- New York Times headline, January 20, 1993.

"Eight years of peace and economic prosperity, the IRNA should continue on the course, even if Vice-President Kemp is more to the right than Bill Bradley was. The IRNA, after wavering between an unsure center-left and a somewhat unhinged right that varies from center-right to extremes, the IRNA has finally found that vital, stable center they've lacked as a nation since Wendell Willkie.--- The Economist, September 5, 2000.

But there's not much love to go round
Tell me why, this is a land of confusion.

"There are reports of widescale voting problems and inconsistencies in Ohio at this hour, we are not sure who the President is.." -- Walter Jacobson, on CBS News election night coverage November 7, 2000

"It has been determined that the state of Ohio has been won by Republican candidate J. Danforth Quayle. He is now the President-Elect of the Industrial Republic of North America -- Report of the Special Electoral Commission of the IRNA Supreme Court. December 1, 2000

"The IRNA is a strong nation and a great nation. We should not apologize for it, we should embrace it. We should not weaken at the greater cause of freedom, we should defend it. We should not seek accommodation where it does not benefit our people or the cause of American freedom. We must put the greater cause of free enterprise and a free nation ahead of being polite." -- President Dan Quayle, January 20, 2001.

"We can no longer depend on the International Trade Conference or the United Nations to be a fair broker in North American affairs.....American policy cannot continue to be crippled by a misguided insistence on forgetting our manifest destiny as Americans. The breakup of 1935-1936 should not have been allowed for it sold out common birthright as Americans and our rightful place in the world. Our main strategy for the 21st century is a renewal of the birthright and the building of governments of North America toward that end." A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm by Richard Perle, Donald Rumsfeld, William Kristol, and Donald Trump, 2001.

"I'm a not any damn mood to negotiate with Dan Quayle. Back your troops up from intimidation positions on our border, or we'll go into Illinois and do to job. You people are as bad at the crackers in the CSA!" -- GPUR President Frank Keating, November 9, 2003.

"As long as the IRNA and the CSA are willing to throw their weight around, the sane nations of North America have to be willing to throw theirs," Scott Ritter, director of Foreign Intelligence-Republic of Greater California, January 4, 2004.

To make it a place worth living in.

I remember long ago -
Ooh when the sun was shining
Yes and the stars were bright
All through the night
And the sound of your laughter
As I held you tight
So long ago -

"I promise to all Americans, that we will continue the proud Industrial Republican traditions of upholding personal freedom and opportunity for all Americans, and being a leader in the world," President-Elect Rudolph Giuliani, November 4, 2008

"GIULIANI'S SECRET WEAPON: How Wunderkind Ari Fleischer turned Mayor Rudy into President Rudy" Time Magazine, December 4, 2008

I wont be coming home tonight
My generation will put it right

"That boy doesn't understand the way the world really works. If he was in New York City, I'd have my friends in blue have a little chat with him. " Giuliani memo to Vice-President Dick De Vos in reference to GPUR President J.C. Watts before North American Trade Talks, April 16, 2009

"Can Rudy Giuliani go one day without being a complete bore?" -- Gore Vidal, special contributor to Carson Network News covering the North American Trade Talks April 25, 2009

"Stay the course, America. When you go to the polls in November remember what we've done. Rudy Giuliani to voters in Ohio, October 2010.

"WIPEOUT! CONSTITUTIONAL DEMOCRATS TAKE CONTROL OF SENATE, HOUSE ALL TIED UP!" Newsweek Magazine, November 9, 2010.
Were not just making promises
That we know, well never keep.

Too many men
There's too many people
Making too many problems
And not much love to go round
Cant you see
This is a land of confusion.

Now this is the world we live in
To make it a place worth fighting for.

"Throughout our history as a nation, the Industrial Republicans have found a way to hack off much of the civilized world, and we wonder why even with population, economic and military power, we aren't respected in the world. And my friends, as long you keep putting them office, you are telling them 'it's okay to treat the people like a bunch of bozos, well, good people, that just doesn't wash with the boy from Scranton, PA and it shouldn't wash with you." -- Pennsylvania Senator Joseph Biden, Constitutional Democratic Party Presidential Nominee, August 25, 2012

"The vast right-wing conspiracy has managed to undo much of the good we've be able to do, every time we put them in charge. And too often we fall for the trick out of fear or out false information. Time and time again we say as a people not this time, and then we don't win and we hear so many say "I woulda don't different, but there;s the trade issue...or I coulda done different but I'm sure about those other guys." It time to return to sanity in the Industrial Republic of North America. As my husband always tells his teams, 'There's no such thing as coulda, shoulda, or woulda. If you shoulda and coulda, you woulda done it." The record is clear and now's the time. It's time to send Mr. Giuliani back to New York." -- Illinois Senator Hillary Rodham Riley, Constitutional Democratic Party Vice-Presidential Nominee, September 2, 2012

"This Industrial Republican regime of Quayle and now Giuliani is the most arrogant abuse of power and thuggery since Donald Rumsfeld, and that's doing something. When a government lies to a people, that is a weapon of mass destruction," Ohio congressman Dennis Kucinich, Worker's Union Presidential Nominee, September 4, 2012

"What we have in Washington is a government built on crony capitalism, militarism, cynicism and the complete encroachment into our lives in opposition to our Constitution. Our rights are never given by government. a government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take them all away. We must never forget this truth." -- Wisconsin senator Paul Ryan, Galtist League Presidential Nominee, September 6, 2012
And these are the names were given
Stand up and lets start showing
Just where our lives are going to.

According to officials close to the White House, Vice President Richard De Vos will resign later the morning amid the allegations charged that De Vos, as the head of Amway Consolidated Industries and later as Governor of Michigan was part of a money laundering scheme with a Michigan-based private security firm, Coldwater. The head of the firm, Erik Prince has been cited by Interpol and the International Criminal Court for actions during the 1990 Border Conflict and for actions in concert with the Confederate States during their 2003 incursion of the GPUR.
The tentacles of these allegations stretch into the IRNA military and the department of defense. Documents revealed by Guardian investigative journalist Greg Palast suggests current that defense secretary Richard Perle was privy to these actions as chairman of Ohio-based LTV/Ohio Defense Industries from 1998-2002 and was part of greater plot. It is also found that one of the principal handlers in the scheme as was former President and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. The report said Rumsfield, who served as Dan Quayle Secretary of Defense from 2001-2006, approved the use of private mecernary forces to torture captured GPUR troops and to intimidate civilians in invaded areas.
From all accounts, President Giuliani was not a part of the scheme, but with the election race tightening this news isn't helping.
George Stephanopoulos, BBC World Service, Washington.

land of confusion cover.png

land of confusion cover.png

Last edited:
This is scary, yet cool.
I'm not sure if Ritter would have been a Californian- he did reside in New York for much of his career- and he was in the USMC.
I do like the bit with Palast- glad he's listened to ITTL.
One problem with the Galtist League- Rand was Atheist- Ryan isn't.
I do have a suggestion for a song you might use that my heroine did. I'll send it to you in a PM.

I'm not sure if Ritter would have been a Californian- he did reside in New York for much of his career- and he was in the USMC.

Scott Ritter has been damned by many in the IRNA but loved in many other places. Ritter defected from the IRNA in 1983, after serving with the IRNA Marines. He was let out of the country and he moved to California, where he went to college and enlisted in their forces in exchange for citizenhood.

Ritter led squad on the Wisconsin-Minnesota front. Some of bloodiest fighting of the 1980-1982 Border Conflict was in the forest lands. One day in 1981, Ritter led a squad through a forest area in Minnesota. They met a small force of GPUR recon troops . During the firefight, many were killed on both sides.

Ritter drew a bead on a group of GPUR troops. His shots hit two taller men, but missed a shorter troop who hid in the trees and fired back.

One of his shots went whizzing past Ritter's head. Missed by maybe in inch. Just like Ritter missed the smallest man from the other side..by an inch.

Neither man hit the other. In time, the memories faded some.

Thank God that neither men struck their mark that day. The young man that Ritter fired upon was Prince Rogers Nelson.

Ritter was disillusioned after the war and the release of the infamous "Haig Memo" calling for a nuclear strike on Omaha if there is a future war.

In 1991 Ritter was back in the GPUR, monitoring the end of another IRNA-GPUR Border Conflict, during which Ritter gained a reputation as hard but fair. In 1995 Ritter was part of the UN peacekeeping forces. In 2002, Ritter was selected for Director of the national intelligence service. He his served in that capacity for California since.

One problem with the Galtist League- Rand was Atheist- Ryan isn't.

The Galtist league does not discriminate based on anybody's superstitious belief.

Last edited:
The White House...10:00pm September 10, 2012

The White House....10:00pm Eastern Summer Time Monday September 10, 2012

"This is a goddamned mess," IRNA Intelligence Director George Tenet brooded staring into a hall-full glass of cognac. "What the hell was Dick doing?"

"Forget about that blockhead right now," President Rudy Giuliani hissed as he sat in his chair. "This is going to turn this election upside down. How the hell does this get by and nobody looks at it."

"Nobody knew about this. We don't even know if its true," A campaign strategist said.

Tenet looked at the campaign staffer hard. "It's all true. These aren't things you can fake."

"So some press wienie has a conspiracy theory to sell...

Giuliani snapped, "Who are you? Get the fuck out of my office!"

The red-faced campaign analyst scurried out of the Oval Office.

Ari Fleischer spoke up, "Yelling at my aides is not going to help you, sir," the campaign manager said sternly.

"Fleischer, the idiot just needed to keep us mouth shut. The only campaign person I want to hear from right now is you! So what have you got?"

"What I've got is another mess," Fleischer griped. "Sir, you are going to have make some tough decisions. For starters, do two things for me...First, pull the ships out of the Maritimes."

A liaison to the Pentagon was livid, "So when are the pols making policy for this administration,"

Fleischer snapped back, "Since I have the job of making sure we have an administration!"

"The exercises have been planned long before this," The President said shakenly. "We are within our recognized limit of 12 miles. They are claiming a 50-mile limit. It's bullshit."

Fleischer tried to stay calm. "Mr. President, we need the goodwill right now. Pull the ships back, call Hank, and have him talk to Portillo and MacKay. Portillo likes Hank."

Fleischer then looked at the military analysts and intelligence people, and then looked back at the President.

"Sir, I need a word in private."

"A private word with the pol?"

"All of you, OUT!"

Tenet led the varied aides out of the oval office.

President Giuliani looked hard at Fleischer. Hardened eyes normally reserved for New York city councilmen or the parade of Al Sharpton disciples he made sport of pissing off as New York City's mayor.

"Fleischer, you really need to watch your ass around some of these folks. You come across disrespectful."

"I don't have time to watch my ass, sir. It's goddamn full time job watching yours. I'm you de facto chief of staff and your damn campaign manager."

Giuliani sighed. "I never wanted damn De Vos anyway. The party needed regional balance and he was governor of Michigan. And people think I'm slimy? That guy was born in ooze."

Fleischer stayed on his message. "Mr. President, I'm telling you, pull the ships back beyond 50 miles, get Hank involved. He's old, but he wrote the book on this stuff. "

"That would make us look weak."

"You can't look any weaker than you do now."

"Sir, pull back. You'll look like a stateman, not a Jersey City goon."

"Excuse me?"

Fleischer tweaked Giuliani's nerve. The President, being Italian, hated mob references.

"And next you gotta look at getting rid of Perle."

Giuliani eyes widen, "No damn way we get rid of Perle. Perle has made the military leaner, meaner and better and given us a plan for the future. We need Richard Perle."

"Perle is getting us in a mess right now. Have you really read his plan?"

"Securing the homeland. Protecting the Realm," the President said. "Yes, I read it and this country and continent needs it."

"Sir, Perle is crazy," Fleischer said. "My parents came to this country fleeing people like Richard Perle."

"Perle stays."

"Mr. President, you need to reconsider this," Fleischer said. "Look at where we are. We are going to take a serious poll hit off this. Not to mention what world reaction will be when this story really breaks."

"The world knows the story, Ari. De Vos had his hand in the cookie jar with some mercs dating back to something that happened 20 years ago. That's Pete DuPont's mess."

Fleischer raised an eyebrow. "You haven't heard the worst have you?"

"What?"

Fleischer shook his head. "That bastard Tenet knows, and kept it hidden," he thought.

"Mister President. De Vos' operation with Coldwater didn't end after '91. The continued to about 2007."

Giuliani listened hard. "What the hell?"

"There's more, sir. It seems that Palast has documents that link De Vos and Coldwater...." Fleischer paused..

"Linked them to what?"

"To the Confederate State Security Agency."

Giuliani was catching flies at that moment. His mouth was wide open.

"You are friggin killing me tonight Fleischer," the President's Brooklyn accent growing with fury.

"Coldwater mercenaries tortured GPUR soldiers..for the CSA State Security Agency."

"We have IRNA citizens who can be implicated in war crimes."

"We had nothing to do with that," Giuliani said. "That idiot from Indiana was in that deal."

"Doesn't matter, they are in our government now."

Giuliani's mind was racing. Like any citizen of IRNA, his hatred for the CSA was definite.

"So we have three issues here," the President said. "Okay, Ari..I'll play it your way. I'll make a declaration tomorrow recalling the ships to the recognized line. Call Hank in the morning, then I'll call Portillo. The last thing we need is one of those damn QEs here."

"Second, nobody moves for now. We keep Tenet and Perle, but we need to know what the hell was going on with De Vos. Ari, any friends you got on the street? Get 'em moving."

"And third, I need a runningmate, and that's your real department."

Fleischer smiled. "I already have someone. It'll mean some adjustments for you, but I think this could get all this other mess off the front page."

Giuliani perked up, "Who are you thinking about?"

"An able party soldier who could make history, and undercut Harpie Rodham Riley."

The President beamed again. He hated Hillary Rodham Riley, like many conservatives did. "How soon can we announce it."

"If everything goes well and you can get comfortable with the idea...Friday, when you get to Cincinnati."

Giuliani smiled, "Our Chinese brothers say it best. Crisis is the meeting of danger and opportunity."

to be continued.

Last edited:
This is getting wilder and wilder...

Can I make a different musical request? Perhaps a certain early heavy metal group from Long Island can have a song quoted in this TL. (Perhaps the soundtrack to Guliani's revealing the news could be "E.T.I. (Extra-Terrestrail Intelligence)".)

The Industrial Republic of North America

IRNA.png

Established: May 31, 1936

National Capital: Washington, D.C.
Largest City: New York City

Motto: "E Pluribus Unum"
Anthem: "Star Spangled Banner" written by Frances Scott Key, 1814
Official Languages: None
National Languages: English
Demonym: Industrial American
Nicknames: Yankees
National Structure/Government: Federal Constitutional Republic with President as head of state. The nation is divided into 11 states and the District of Columbia.. New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin

Executive Branch: President as head of state directly elected to a 4-year term. 2-term limit by constitutional mandate

Legislative Branch: Bicameral legislature with a 141-member House of Representatives as the lower house and a 22 member Senate as the upper house. All members elected by "first past the post" direct-election system. Representatives have 2-year terms with no term limit. Senate terms are every 6 years with 1/3 of the class up for election on a 2-year stagger.

Judicial Branch: 9-member U.S. Supreme Court. All justices have life terms

Population: 100,034,118 (2012 estimates)
Demographic Breakdown: White/European decent 68%, African Decended 11%, Hispanic 8%, Native American 8%, Asian-Pacific Islander 3%

Measurement Standard: Imperial

Heads of State:
1937-1945 Wendell Willkie (Industrial Republican)
1945-1953 Robert Taft (Industrial Republican)
1953-1961 Thomas Dewey (Industrial Republican)
1961-1969 Henry Cabot Lodge (Constitutional Democratic)
1969-1973 Spiro Agnew (Industrial Republican)
1973-1978 Nelson Rockefeller (Constitutional Democratic) [1]
1978-1979 Gerald Ford (Constitutional Democratic) [2]
1979-1981 Alphonse D'Amato (Constitutional Democratic) [3]
1981-1985 Donald Rumsfeld (Industrial Republican)
1985-1989 John Glenn (Constitutional Democratic)
1989-1993 Pete DuPont (Industrial Republican)
1993-2001 Bill Bradley (Constitutional Democratic)
2001-2009 Dan Quayle (Industrial Republican)
2009-present Rudolph Giuliani (Industrial Republican)

[1] Assassinated October 11, 1978
[2] Assassinated September 22, 1979
[3] Nearly beaten up by Robert Dole December 9, 1979

IRNA.png

Last edited:
CBS News/New York Times Poll -- Wednesday September 12, 2012

From CBS News World Headquarters in New York...This is the CBS Evening News with Kennedy Montgomery...

Good Evening!..Tonight, we reveal the first CBS News/New York Times Poll of the 2012 Presidential Campaign.

CBS NEWS POLL 9122012.png

CBS NEWS POLL 9122012.png

Last edited:
Why would the capital still be at DC? Seems like it would be easy for the CSA to cut off or bombard.

Mainly, hubris. THE IRNA's leaders feel abandoning Washington, DC would be appeasing the CSA. Plus, they feel that the CSA moving their national capital from Richmond to Atlanta was a massive PR victory.

Plus there is the Agnew Doctrine. Any attempt by the CSA to decapitate Washington will be met with total nuclear commitment against CSA.

Last edited:
IRNA Campaign 2012: The Issues

IRNA Campaign 2012: The Issues

1. The Banks vs. The Factories
The "Financial Systems Error" of 2009 greatly impacted consumer and civilian production, but defense industries boomed due to government defense increases, but unemployment outside of the defense sector is at 8.9 percent.

2. Foreign Relations
The IRNA is seen militaristic and authoritarian, even friendly countries are wary of there penchant from pre-emptive actions, The Germanies the Scandinavian Union, and the Chinese Free Republic allow the IRNA Navy basing rights put definite limits in their support of some military adventurism. The recent crisis in the Atlantic Maritimes as the Germanies and Scandinavian considering a curtailment of basing rights.

3. The Border Wars
The IRNA's harassement of the GPUR dates back the breakup of the United States of 1935. Their white hot cold war with the CSA has it spiritual roots in the 1861-1865 Civil War. The escalation of the arms race with both countries and the Soviet-Confederate detente has the IRNA more nervous than ever. The IRNA VS. GPUR discussion is more hot-cold, more progressive leaders make headway in relations, more retrogressive ones seem to have guns forever pointed at each other.

4. Civil Rights and Liberties
Race relations are at about OTL 1973 level, and outside of the IRNA many peoples of colors are distrusting of the IRNA for their relative lack of assistance during the CSA pogroms of the 1950s.
Texas, the GPUR and California gained a great deal of international respect for a strong anti-CSA stance, and a pro dissident, pro-black stance.

On Civil Liberties, The press is under stronger authoritarian control, as are elements of media for people of color. There is little tolerance for opposing views of the current government, and a number of person decisions are outlawed and severely frowned upon, such as certain type of music, dress, gender identity, political thought, sexual preference, even your religion (any religion not influence by pro-American stances is frown upon and harassed by authorities.

The IRNA has agreed to monitoring by a Scandinavian-led group of elections observers.

CNN's "The Situation Room" -- Friday September 15, 2012

From our studios in Houston to the World, This is CNN...

"From the Situation Room tonight....North American Elections...

In the Rockies Mountain Republic a tight race gets tighter as the polls swing back toward Ken Salazar. In the GPUR, a first debate shows poll numbers as diverse as the field....

BUT the big shock is the rumors coming from the IRNA...President Guiliani will have new running mate the weekend. If sources are correct this pick is one historic gamble.

I'm Wolf Blitzer, welcome to the Situation Room."

CNN BLACKWELL.png

CNN BLACKWELL.png

September 15, 2012 -- Cleveland, Ohio. Enter, Blackwell :)

This government has never stood against America, her people or her promise, that is our sacred trust with America. We will move past these misdeeds of our past and move to a new and better future. With that in mind, I'd like to introduce your next Vice-President and begin a new direction for fellow Americans too long denied their due as citizens of our great nation.

I am proud to introduce a good man and great American our next Vice President of the Industrial Republic of America...Kenneth Blackwell!

BLACKWELL 2012.png

BLACKWELL 2012.png

Campaign Ad September 16, 2012

("Dixie" playing in the background)

The Industrial Republicans are hoping to distract you from the fact that their Vice-President did business with a country that targeting the IRNA with nuclear weapons, and put the IRNA in the position to be cited for war crimes.

But they hope you won't look at that, but instead look at Ken Blackwell. But lets look at Ken Blackwell.. As Governor of Ohio he gave tax breaks to the largest companies in Ohio, to move factories and jobs and down south to the CSA.

I'm Dennis Kucinich, and we will not make deals that infringe on worker's rights and human rights. My administration will be based on Courage. Intergrity. Honor. without those, there is no democracy."

(Announcer) "Kucinich. Courage. Integrity. Honor. Constructive change for us."

"I'm Dennis Kucinich and I approved this message. It's time for real change in Washington."

(ominous music in the background...Think "Get Off The Babysitter" by Tangerine Dream)

"Rudolph Guiliani said he wouldn't increase taxes...he has seven times, including two increases in his first hundred days."

"The Industrial Republicans said they would seek improving the IRNA's image in the world community and the UN...Then they made John Bolton Secretary of State..

(bite from news footage "ECM represents threatened by Bolton." "IRNA Navy forces effect de facto blockade of Atlantic Maritimes")

"The Industrial Republicans said they would open doors in relations to other countries...Thanks to Richard De Vos, they did..... with one.

(The screen shows Dick De Vos, and Erik Prince meeting with CSA Sec of State Zell Miller -- this photo happened during talk on the situation in Confederate Kentucky, 2010 in the background there is a huge orange and blue "Stars and Bars" national flag of the CSA.)

Rudolph Giuliani. You just can't trust him...or his party."

"I'm Joe Biden and approve this message."

Last edited:
Committee on President Debates: 2012 Debate Schedule

The 2012 IRNA Presidential Debates

Thursday October 4, 2012
Bradley University/Peoria, Illinois
Moderator: Walter Jacobson, Executive Political Director, WGN News

Vice presidential debate:
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Butler University/Indianapolis, Indiana
Moderator: Katie Couric, Chief White House Correspondent, ABC News

Second presidential debate (town meeting format):
Tuesday, October 16
Grand Valley State University/Allendale, Michigan
Moderator: Tara Wall, Chief White House Correspondent, NBC News and Moderator, Meet The Press

Third presidential debate:
Tuesday October 23, 2012
Marshall University, Huntington, West Virginia
Moderator: Britton Hume, Chief Washington Correspondent, CBS News and Moderator, Face the Nation

Last edited:
NBC NEWS WASHINGTON POST POLL SEPTEMBER 19, 2012

The Polls are shaken up as the fallout from DeVos-Coldwater scandal has opposition candidates surging.... and the White House worried. Nightly News begins now.."

(Cue the Mission)..."FROM OUR WORLD HEADQUARTERS IN NEW YORK...THIS IS THE NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH MATT LAUER."

NBC NEW WAPO POLL 9192012.png

NBC NEW WAPO POLL 9192012.png

Last edited:
The campaign this week -- Paul Ryan Says

"The Industrial Republic of North America can only stay free through the strength of its innovation, industry and its people. We cannot fight the mounting challenge of a world market but chaining ourselves to European style socialism OR Confederate corporate cronyism that we now see is being prompt up by a foreign power from the belly of the beast of statism. That is the American challenge, and other nations in North America may choose to turn in a Scandinavian way or a Texas way. We choose the American way, which depends on freedom from the shackles of statism." -- Paul Ryan during a campaign stop in Syracuse, New York...Friday September 21, 2012

PAUL RYAN TIME.png

PAUL RYAN TIME.png

Last edited:
Joe Biden In New York City

JOE BIDEN NBC.png

"Friends, we're hearing the news and seeing the ships in the ports to our south. The Gingrich regime linking arms with Vladimir Putin at our doorstep. And how do we response, but sending our navy to look like a school bully against the Atlantic Maritimes.

This is the Giulani Presidency in a nutshell. But then again, they would turn a blind eye. After all, they had one vice president do business with them. And then they cynically give us Ken Blackwell...

An insult to many African-Industrial Americans. Giuliani has never met a black man he wouldn't jail when he ran this town. I thought only Confederate put black folks in chains, but then again I wouldn't be surprised. Ken Blackwell better watch his back.

What you are seeing in Moscow and Atlanta is further reason why the IRNA needs to return to free world and not be this lone wolf that the Republicans want to be.

A Biden administration will go to Omaha and say to whomever wins their election...ENOUGH! We will not threaten your borders. We will return to the sanity that Bill Bradley showed us. We are North American free nations, it is time we acted like it. It is time to close the door of war and open the door of trade. We MUST build a common North Amercan house of free nations that can tell Newton Gingrich and Vladimir Putin, YOU ARE NOT WANTED ON THIS CONTINENT!"

"The Current NBC News Washington Post polls show Biden leading by 5 points and taking a lead in the Electoral Votes, but a Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Poll and a Cleveland Plain Dealer Poll Friday has both campaigns on edge. Paul Ryan is holding 1 point lead in Wisconsin according to the Wisconsin poll, and Biden is in a statistical dead heat with Ohio Congressman Dennis Kucinich, who has taken advantage of a number of questionable statement by Biden this week.

The big loser at the moment seems to be Rudolph Giuliani. Last Saturday's announcement of Ken Blackwell gave him a 1 day bounce, but its not enough to counteract the continuing stink from the De Vos Investigations and the naval crisis in the Atlantic Maritimes. Giuliani needs a big week ahead and the first debate has an added importance now. -- On the campaign trail in New York, Omarosa Manigault, NBC News."

JOE BIDEN NBC.png

Last edited:
I'm in love with this timeline but I have one question: I'm assuming Connecticut would be in some kind of New England category, will we ever learn about how the US got divided-up into so many sections/what's going on in them?