How many wars would happen in Middle East if Israel never existed

Jason222

Banned
What if Israel never existed how many wars between Arab states would have happen. What Middle East look like to day. To my option Middle East blood bath say the least. Egypt often claim Yemen and Sudan are part Egypt. Syria claim rights both Jordan ,Lebanon and area now Israel as part Syria and Jordan making same claim for Jordan. Iraq claim to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia own disputation with Iran. Needless say Middle East big blood bath if Israel never created. That only if likely no reason think USA and USSR pull into the mess.

FDW

Banned
Without Israel as we know it, there would probably still be some conflicts in the middle east, you might see Egypt retaining the Sudan and being even more of an 800-pound gorilla than was the case OTL. On the hand Libya might be much quieter if Daffy is butterflied.

Without Israel as we know it, there would probably still be some conflicts in the middle east, you might see Egypt retaining the Sudan and being even more of an 800-pound gorilla than was the case OTL. On the hand Libya might be much quieter if Daffy is butterflied.

Egypt has the chance to be even more politically unstable than OTL I think, but I am not really sure. She would probably be a monarchy for longer, that does not really bide well for its future in the Cold War era.

Last edited:
Their might be one or two Saudi started wars as a result of unclear borders*, ikewise their mught be some interventionary wars during Revolutions (IE Monarchy to Republic) and possibly an ATL Iraq-Iran War, possibly two, other than that though I don't think their'd be a huge amount.

*The Saudi-Yemen border was'nt deliminated until 2000 and the UAE and Saudi's currently have their own territorial dispute, though it's relatively inactive.

Quite a few, and something like Fatah would rise to lead Palestinians against Jordan, Syria, and Egypt instead of Israel. We'd talk about the tragedy of the partition of Palestine, not Israel, and the Palestinians might even be seen as heroes or at the least the lighter shade of grey.

What if Israel never existed how many wars between Arab states would have happen. What Middle East look like to day. To my option Middle East blood bath say the least. Egypt often claim Yemen and Sudan are part Egypt. Syria claim rights both Jordan ,Lebanon and area now Israel as part Syria and Jordan making same claim for Jordan. Iraq claim to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia own disputation with Iran. Needless say Middle East big blood bath if Israel never created. That only if likely no reason think USA and USSR pull into the mess.

Possibly fewer, but given that conflict has always been an issue over there......who knows?

Also, I don't want to sound mean, but your English is a little, well, off.....is it not your first language? I thought you might possibly be an Israeli, so I thought your first language might be Hebrew or possibly Yiddish. If so, I suggest you find a good Hebrew-English dictionary, it might help a lot. :)

Possibly fewer, but given that conflict has always been an issue over there......who knows?

I'm not sure if you're trying to be sarcastic. But, compared to the West, the Middle East has been relitavely quite. I wouldnt place Israel as the main source of the current conflicts, but it certainly is a main contributor. The main culprit is the Allies and the spoils of WWI, but really going back a few decades prior to that.

Probably more around Shia/Sunni with US and Soviet proxies a bit more evenly distributed amongst the Arabs. Possibly the Kurds taking the place of Israel, except without the Palestinians (possibly Armenians, as well)?

This just screams of being politically motivated.... Buttttttt less radical Islam as there isn't a enemy of different faiths, making the wars more secular. Or more distrust and friction between the sects. So you got things pulling on booth ends.

You'd probably have fewer wars, but they'd be larger, and more chaotic (sort of a "friend today, enemy tomorrow" free-for-all). And they would probably spill into North and West Africa.

...and West Africa.

Er, why?

While West Africa does have a large Muslim population, they're also unique and tend to not give a damn about the rest of the Muslim world anymore than say someone in Peru cares about what's happening in North East Europe, and practice their own version(s) of Islam.

You mean in addition to the wars that already happened?

ie - the Iran/Iraq War, the brief conflict between Egypt and Libya, the Libyan intervention in the Chadean civil war, the Sudanese civil war, the Yemeni civil war. The Invasion of Kuwait. The Gulf War and the Iraq War and occupation.

Not much if anything. We might have avoided some of the civil conflicts in Lebanon and Jordan.

For the most part, wars are an extremely expensive proposition outside the budgets and infrastructures of the Arab states.

Someone will probably get banned now :(

24878594.jpg

Even if Israel has not existed, there would be disputes between Arab states and a few of them would develop into wars. Iran-Iraq conflict, Iraq's claim on Kuwait, Syria's attempts to dominate Lebanon etc. are all likely to happen even if there was no Israel.Egypt-Sudan, Saudi-Iran, Syria-Lebanon, Jordan-Palestine etc. are also borders of possible friction. In the absence of a common enemy, the disputes and rivalries between the states are likely to aggravate resulting in greater conflicts.

Even if Israel has not existed, there would be disputes between Arab states and a few of them would develop into wars. Iran-Iraq conflict, Iraq's claim on Kuwait, Syria's attempts to dominate Lebanon etc. are all likely to happen even if there was no Israel.Egypt-Sudan, Saudi-Iran, Syria-Lebanon, Jordan-Palestine etc. are also borders of possible friction. In the absence of a common enemy, the disputes and rivalries between the states are likely to aggravate resulting in greater conflicts.

Not necessarily - and certainly not in total necessarily more wars.

No Israel, by which presumably we mean nothing in 1948-, could butterfly a lot of stuff.