AHC: A Loyalist Delaware.

Your challenge, using any POD after 1773, is to make the area known in OTL as Delaware, a center of British loyalists during the American Revolution. Extra points if Delaware remains British after an American victory in the War of Independence.

Your challenge, using any POD after 1773, is to make the area known in OTL as Delaware, a center of British loyalists during the American Revolution. Extra points if Delaware remains British after an American victory in the War of Independence.

Remove the drunken monkeys from policy-making positions in London? Of course, then we might ALL still be loyalists.

In a less sarcastic vein, have England demonstrate towards the North American colonies the same sort of ability to negotiate and accommodate that they demonstrated at other times in holding an empire together.

Remove the drunken monkeys from policy-making positions in London? Of course, then we might ALL still be loyalists.

In a less sarcastic vein, have England demonstrate towards the North American colonies the same sort of ability to negotiate and accommodate that they demonstrated at other times in holding an empire together.

The point was for Delaware to be a tiny small enclave of British control.

Post-1773, the only practical difference this will make is that a bunch more Delawarean loyalists will be detained during and many more shipped off to N.S. after the revolutionary war's end. Do you have any Delaware revolutionaries in mind for remaining loyal to the crown?

Actually, Delaware if I remember right had more loyalists than patriots!

But being tiny and surrounded by two of the biggest states in the Union (Virginia and Pennsylvania), and still de-facto controlled by PA via having the same governor, means this was and is a moot point for loyalist control.

Actually, Delaware if I remember right had more loyalists than patriots!

But being tiny and surrounded by two of the biggest states in the Union (Virginia and Pennsylvania), and still de-facto controlled by PA via having the same governor, means this was and is a moot point for loyalist control.

Maybe thats the POD right there. Give Delaware its own governor who's a loyalist. Combine that with a British offer to negotiate with any colonies that declare loyalty to the crown and there you go. Although it probably isn't very plausible.

I might have a way.
The point was for Delaware to be a tiny small enclave of British control.
But, it's so much easier that way.... It is a hard challenge.:D

My try:

POD: British attack on NYC fails (OK, true, all considered, not the likeliest change ;))

So, they decide to try someplace small and easy next. New Castle in Delaware. So that became their base ITTL.

Though, of course, it reverts at the end of the war when the soldiers leave. Keeping it Tory strikes me as pretty space bat, I'm afraid, because it'd be just a geographical island easily outsettled or conquered, unlike Canada. Even the mostly Tory and big New York, I think, flipped from Tory.

Do you want to start another debate about who was in the right over the issues that lead up to the Revolutionary War? Because that's the right way to go about it if you do.