• Muwatalli'

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Æsir

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Ares96

Votes: 54 55.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ares96 will most likely win (and deservedly so) but my vote goes to Muwatalli' this round--keep up the GIMP work!

Voted for JJDXB on the basis of design, and the fact he didn't seem to be getting the right amount of vote love that his map deserves.

Vinlanders! Why? Just because I like the idea. Besides, the Basque can never dominate the world. Well, not Earth at any rate.

Seven entries is an average number, but I don't think we've ever has such a high average standard on a challenge before. Congratulations to everyone. This was a tough one, but I voted for JJDXB, because of his masterfully clean style - it really does look just like a modern textbook! Without all of the fatal errors, that is.

Also, did anyone else notice how Mann upside down looks a bit like Afghanistan?

Last edited:
Oh, and another thing - pearsonwright's been banned from AH.com; what happens with his votes? I believe this is the first time I've seen this happen; has it happened before, and is there some precedent?

Krall

Banned
Seven entries is an average number, but I don't think we've ever has such a high average standard on a challenge before. Congratulations to everyone.

I think there have been one or two challenges with consistently high quality entries before, but this round is certainly still exceptional!

Also, did anyone else notice how Mann upside down looks a bit like Afghanistan?

Considering the fact that one predates the other, it'd be more accurate to say that Afghanistan looks like an upside down Isle of Mann. Of course, the real question is whether it was deliberate - I'd be willing to believe that some Governor-General of India got off his head on tea and laudnum, and thought it might be a good idea!

Oh, and another thing - pearsonwright's been banned from AH.com; what happens with his votes? I believe this is the first time I've seen this happen; has it happened before, and is there some precedent?

I presume he still gets them; I think there have been one or two similar cases in the past, though I don't think anyone has won "posthumously."

Early days yet but Ares96 is owning the medal table... oh yeah, maps.

Bloody good work from the lot of you.

Krall

Banned

Well, he's already entered in this challenge round, so he still receives votes and can win. He can't enter in any future rounds of course, unless he's unbanned.

Thanks to everyone who voted for me. :)

I admit the map isn't completely original, it's one that I redrew from the wiki base a while back based on borders from 1898.

I myself voted for Ares96's map. TBH, I think it blew all competition out of the water.

Not anymore, there isn't.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who voted for me; you've earned a cookie each. The other entry makers also deserve praise for making such good entries; as I said, this round probably had the highest average quality in a while.

As an aside, has anyone ever scored an actual majority before?