• Æsir

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • Martin23230

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • Kaiphranos

Votes: 40 46.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for Martin. I'm intrigued as to his scenario, and it's nice to see that the proud textbook tradition is still upheld so far in the future.

Really stiff competition this round. I was pretty convinced I had a winner but I'm not even sure I'll be able to match my previous best performance. :eek:

Really stiff competition this round. I was pretty convinced I had a winner but I'm not even sure I'll be able to match my previous best performance. :eek:

I voted for you! There's a lot of nice touches in your magazine format, though I'm a little curious why the Norse legacy seems to have been restricted to such a small area...

I voted for you! There's a lot of nice touches in your magazine format, though I'm a little curious why the Norse legacy seems to have been restricted to such a small area...

Thanks. I've avoided voting in MotF rounds I've ended as I'm unsure what the accepted etiquette is; certainly voting for one's self isn't really fair.

Good point on the Norse influence not being very widespread; realistically it would probably have spread further. My thought while making it was that the surrounding peoples would likely share some of the five traits identified while the Connecticut River basin nurtures the most complex civilization given it has New England's best farmland, was a major trade route, and the region has abundant supplies of good building stone. For example, the Natives in southeastern New England probably make use of the significant bog iron resources there. Still, even if the Norse influence somehow doesn't spread to, say, the Iroquois Confederation, the Quinecticuttans likely would have expanded more than they did given iron agricultural tools and a major domesticate ITTL caused the population explosion that allowed urbanization (Along with iron tools making quarrying more efficient). My thought was many of the surrounding tribes were likely vassals of a Quinecticuttan state centered on OTL Western Massachusetts, TTL's Quinecticutt Province.

I voted for Martin, despite the fact that I think with modern tech we'll remember stuff like where the Nazi symbols came from.

Martin23230 got my vote this round.

Just.

Well done to all the entries. I loved them all - Kaiphranos's entry in particular made me laugh, "Molded-plasticware Culture" indeed!

I feel kind of bad for Wolf brother. And the only reason I didn't vote Kaiphranos is because NYC wasn't a site of archaeological importance. Im petty!

I feel kind of bad for Wolf brother. And the only reason I didn't vote Kaiphranos is because NYC wasn't a site of archaeological importance. Im petty!

I considered it, but decided it would have been destroyed completely at some point and/or been built over to the point where not much is left for the archeologists...

i voted fior kais because it felt the most like arealistic archeological map and text paper...ive got quite a few samples from the british museaum and such and their mostly print offs and copy style papers, and thats the kinda thing they would give kids and other people learning, rather than pristine textbooks and the like

Krall

Banned

Extremely stiff competition! Both you and Martin23230 have designed amazing maps, and though Kaiphranos' map is less visually impressive the background behind it is great - and maps have definitely won on the quality of their background before!