Chile declares war on Argentina during the Falklands War

Chile and Argentina were already at odds over border disputes, and the Chilean military provided the UK with vital intelligence on Argentina's activities, so what would it have required for Chile to have joined the war on Britains side ? Would Chile try and invade the territory they claimed as theirs?

If they did decide to do something militarily I don't think they would officially link it with the British-Argentinian conflict, you'd probably simply see two separate conflicts with a common country running simultaneously. It would certainly make relations post-war somewhat... interesting.

It would split Argentina's already stretched military further. The Navy's best units wouldn't be massively affected, but the air force and army would be affected.
An attack on southern Argentinian airfields by Chile would seriously hamper air support for Argentinian forces in the Falklands, especially post Black Buck. Such an attack benefits Chile in a push for the Beagle Channel.

Chile was heavily affected by the American arms embargo and wasn't in shape to wage an offensive war. Have a POD that avoids that embargo and they would in in shape to do it. Then again, why would they risk their country to destroy the Argentine armed forces when the British were already doing so? I don't see them attacking unless, somehow, Argentina is weakened enough but, still, winning and could turn west afterwards. Remember the bulk of the Argentine army and navy were stationed in the continent through the Falklands War

It doesn't really make sense. Argentina was the aggressor state (that wanted Chilean land), and had plans to deal with Chile before or after the Falklands war.

I read a while back that there was a very direct and quantitative evaluation in Argentina of whether to go after the Falklands or Chile (with, iirc, the goal of seizing control of the Strait of Magellan). I wonder if it might not be possible to engineer a scenario in which both happen at once, though I suspect that the result would be more a beat down for Argentina... Quite likely enough IMO to create a more general war, and possibly even international intervention. Certainly a war with Chile would have none of the suggestions of European colonialism the islands attract.