larger state of Texas in ACW

heres one of those weird what if thoughts that i get when im bored at work but i was wondering if somehow Texas were able to keep its claimed land up to the Arkansas River & remain a slave state what if any effects would this have during the Civil War with the confederacy in Santa Fe & reaching up into OTL parts of Colorado & Kansas?

heres one of those weird what if thoughts that i get when im bored at work but i was wondering if somehow Texas were able to keep its claimed land up to the Arkansas River & remain a slave state what if any effects would this have during the Civil War with the confederacy in Santa Fe & reaching up into OTL parts of Colorado & Kansas?

For Texas to hold onto its pre-statehood territory, while possible, it highly unlikely. The area is simply too large. If somehow a larger Texas is created, or even a one slave & one free "two state solution" whereby East Texas and West Texas are created in 1845, then the Compromise of 1850 may just be buttereflied away, which may in turn bring about an earlier Civil War. Regarding said Civil War, how much of "greater" Texas did/could Texas control in the 1850s and how much of it could Union troops assert Federal control over in a crisis?

Also, one tiny bit of "don't forget that..." nitpicking, the Republic of Texas' border only reached the Arkansas River west of the 100th W Meridian.

For Texas to hold onto its pre-statehood territory, while possible, it highly unlikely. The area is simply too large. If somehow a larger Texas is created, or even a one slave & one free "two state solution" whereby East Texas and West Texas are created in 1845, then the Compromise of 1850 may just be buttereflied away, which may in turn bring about an earlier Civil War. Regarding said Civil War, how much of "greater" Texas did/could Texas control in the 1850s and how much of it could Union troops assert Federal control over in a crisis?

Also, one tiny bit of "don't forget that..." nitpicking, the Republic of Texas' border only reached the Arkansas River west of the 100th W Meridian.

Personally, that's an idea I had putted around even before I really started getting into DoD....and that was just under 3 years ago.

oh i know that it just had a bit of south west Kansa & didnt go further east than east of the OTL eastern border of the panhandle