• B_Munro

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Alex Richards

Votes: 8 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thande

Donor
Lots of good entries, indeed. Although not the most stylistic entry, I voted for B Munro's map because I found the concept most interesting (although Alex Richards' map was a close second).

Lots of good entries indeed.

Liked jkarr's but i couldnt understand the language and i couldnt see the map without twisting my head so it lost my vote. >.<

So it goes down to Future8 and B_Munro...

Well, it was very difficult to chose (to the extent that I had to be really nitpicky towards the end), but I eventually went for Blomma's. Simple, but effective.

One for Future8.

I like the province divisions, I like the finish.

A lot of great entries this time around. Put up against the rest of them, all I did was paintbucket and prettify a 1967 map!

My vote ultimately went to Martin, however Petros, Blomma and Future8 all tied for a close second.

I really enjoyed the ideas behind B_Munro and Alex Richard's maps, particularly their unconventional choices of historical figure, but in the end the lure of the Międzymorze was too much for me. (Especially when executed with Martin23230's usual panache.)

Voted for Future8.

It was a close call for me between his and Martin's. I felt that in the ideal world of the Eastern Union would have shown the dismemberment of Germany/Soviet Union if that was the sole purpose of the Intermarum to begin with. That is not to say it wasn't an absolutely amazing map.

I went for Alex as his Moresian scenario was genuinely thought-provoking and got my brain munching it all day. I would give you an internet cookie good sir but I fear I have only scones.

I went for Alex as his Moresian scenario was genuinely thought-provoking and got my brain munching it all day. I would give you an internet cookie good sir but I fear I have only scones.

I'm willing to accept any form of digitised baked product by way of gratitude:D

But thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Thanks. Not sure what you mean by "finish" exactly.

-snip-

Just that it's very well done in general. It looks finished, like it could go in a history book or a National Geographic. A lot of maps in this contest are that caliber, and this fortnight was an above average bunch, but yours just stood out for me for some reason.

Just that it's very well done in general. It looks finished, like it could go in a history book or a National Geographic. A lot of maps in this contest are that caliber, and this fortnight was an above average bunch, but yours just stood out for me for some reason.

Ah, okay. Thanks very much. Yours looked quite finished as well.