Jewish state survives all through

WI there was a Jewish state in Palestine which survived from the time of the Roman Occupation?

How could this has happened?

I think that such a state would have survived the growth of Islam but may have ended up being in some way a part of the Ottomen Empire.

Would fewer Jews in the rest of Europe have changed Christian anti semitism?

The Pro-Roman faction, which was not inconsiderable, could remain in power if some concessions were made to the religious fanatics and terrorists (including the Jesus faction) and therefore no reasons existed for the Romans to put down revolts that never happened.

Unfortunately this is just a pipe dream. Religious fanaticism, intolerance and exclusiveness was essential to such sects' survival. Anti-Roman sentiment was simply a ramped up version of their rascist bigotry.

Have a more tolerant Selucid monarchy that was accepted by more Jews than was historically the case then maybe. It would mean that the Greek/Macedonian ruling class was more sensitive and extended free universal Greek education to the majority of the Jews while the latter were more tolerant towards different views.

Rather an unlikely scenario don't you think?

I don't think this would be possible because if you look at the history of the Middle East during the last 2000 years, if has been made up of mostly large empires, not small states.

Leo Caesius

Banned
Kidblast said:
I don't think this would be possible because if you look at the history of the Middle East during the last 2000 years, if has been made up of mostly large empires, not small states.
Actually, that's only half true. The largest empires that survive in the Middle East are the ones that permit small states to flourish. That's always been true, to a certain extent, since the days of the Achaemenids.