• Mumby

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Petros >Peter Fergus<

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • B_Munro

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alot of great maps this competition, so much so it was really hard to choose.

I ultimately went with LylyCSM2 though, as his looked real, as in like it was from a real source.

Charl was my second choice.

Petros, while a well done map was to busy and honestly I could'nt understand it.

For me it was a toss-up between Petros and Mumby's maps, but in the end I went with the latter.

Petros' map is very beautiful, and I really like the little Chinese/Arabic symbol, but I have to agree with Iori: in terms of ethnic distribution (the whole point of this challenge), the map is very chaotic and dare I say, confusing. A wider palette of colors would've cinched it for me.

Mumby's, on the other hand, is simple, realistic and elegant. Plus, I always like it when the Pacific Northwest is called New Caledonia!

Being a member of the honourable gentlemens' club I couldn't possibly vote for myself, so I voted for LylyCSM2. I quite liked VulcanTrekkie's map as well, so that would have been my second choice. Agamemnon's map is nice, but I have a bit of a pet peeve against galactic maps. Mumby's map was a bit too small. I thought Petros' map was... way too busy for my taste. To be frank I get a headache looking at it. Munro's map, being a joke map of sorts, probably doesn't need much comment. :p

I voted for Vulcan because it looks realistic and it has some delightful details, like the different languages, and the census symbol which I recognise.