WI the Republic of Texas didn't stay broke?

I remember reading somewhere that the Texan government tryed to get loans from some european nations to help start off the republic & let it at least have a chance but no countries ever gave them a loan. My question is what if Texas had got a loan from Europe & was able to get everything running smoothly? Would it still be independent today? Would it have a Pacific coast which some like Lamar wish to eventually get? Anyy input would be greatly appreciated.

I remember reading somewhere that the Texan government tryed to get loans from some european nations to help start off the republic & let it at least have a chance but no countries ever gave them a loan. My question is what if Texas had got a loan from Europe & was able to get everything running smoothly? Would it still be independent today? Would it have a Pacific coast which some like Lamar wish to eventually get? Anyy input would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps a really successful Republic of Texas would be able to keep most of its claimed territory, but I doubt that it could compete w/the USA for the Pacific coast. Ultimately though, I believe it's Texas' destiny to become a US state.