• jkarr

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Orko

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beedok

Votes: 8 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was a tie between Nymain's and Jman's for me, both were good quality and both were unique.

In the end I voted for Nymain's as (as I mentioned) they were both unique concepts, his was the most of the two.

Thande

Donor
Nymain's map style was really good, but it didn't really look like it fulfilled the challenge to me, those weren't swingeing concessions at all.

plus wroung time frame..but too late now...
just puts me off doing another myself

Could I ask why?
I made an honest mistake about the Timeframe (as I posted in the Map thread) when it was pointed out that I didn't know about the restriction, as I was watching the Main MOF thread and decided to enter based on the post there which bore no mention to the time frame.

The original Proposition was:

Help yourself/All you can annex buffet
A important state was defeated and Treaty of Versailles-ized, aka, all sides are trying to take that they want and the rivalty between them are the main obstacle.

Which bears no mention of a time frame, nor anywhere did Krall (who is doing a splendid job managing this competition) mention that there was going to be a time restriction.

Could I ask whether there was a particular Idea that you couldn't use because you had seen the timeframe? If so I do apologise, and will do so again, and would ask people to vote as their conscious dictates about the rules.

If you could point me to where you are unhappy, then I would do my best to rectify it, or if you are that unhappy then you are more then welcome to ignore my votes and base your personal winner off the second place (at time of writing split between Thande, Beedok and JMan)

This is the first post from the entries thread. The time constraint is clearly specified under "Restrictions." It really doesn't matter though. In the main thread Krall said that since he didn't catch it before he put the poll up he's going to let it slide and not disqualify you.

ALL YOU CAN ANNEX BUFFET

The Challenge
Your challenge is to make a map concerning a harsh peace treaty that has been imposed on the losing side of a war. The peace treaty may annex some areas of the losing nation into other countries, or split off parts of the losing nation into new countries, alternatively it may impose sanctions on the size of the loser's military or demand that they pay war indemnities to the victor. Whatever the terms of the treaty it must be harsh and unreasonable. You map may simply depict the exact effects of the peace treaty or the later effects of it (e.g. the reunification of a nation split apart in the peace treaty, or the economic effects of a nation trying to pay off their war indemnities).​

The Restrictions
ASB and future maps are not allowed. Maps may not be set before 1400 or after the present day.​

This round shall finish on Saturday the 26th of February.​

!THIS THREAD IS FOR POSTING OF ENTRIES ONLY!

Any discussion must take place in the main thread. If you post anything other than a map entry (or a description accompanying a map entry) in this thread then you will be asked to delete the post. If you refuse to delete the post, post something that is clearly disruptive or malicious, or post spam then you may be disqualified from entering in this round of MotF and you may be reported to the board's moderators.​

I voted for Jkarr. It was a toss-up between him and Nymain1 for me, but I chose Jkarr because Nymain1's map should have been disqualified to begin with. Anyway, any map that wanks three of my favorite medieval European countries at the expense of France is awesome.

I actually voted for anon_user, to me his actually showed what the consequences were more then most others.

To the SevenLeggedFallyDowner, I repeat that I only saw that restriction after Codae pointed it out in the map thread, and I made a genuine mistake and apologise, and thank Krall for letting it slide

To the SevenLeggedFallyDowner, I repeat that I only saw that restriction after Codae pointed it out in the map thread, and I made a genuine mistake and apologise, and thank Krall for letting it slide

Oh I believe you, it's just that your last post kind of made it sound like you didn't know where it said the restriction, so I wanted to point it out for you. I was just trying to be helpful. My compliments on the really good map.

Hm... Something about Beedok's really intrigued me. Those messages to... I guess the populace? I almost wonder if they could have been in some sort of flyer-type display... Still, it has my vote.

Nymain1 all the way, mainly beacause its unique, geopoliticly wise i would go for thande, but Nymain's map just looks awesome.

Nymain1, definitely. He technically disobeyed The Rules™ but his map was of very high quality. Plus, it was quite well-researched!