AHC: Welsh Tudors

Yes, I know, I know. Technically the Tudors were Welsh nobility. But, let's face it, they dropped every trace of Welshness as soon as Henry 7 rolled into Winchester Cathedral with one slightly used crown in his hand.

So the challenge is to have the Tudor dynasty be a little more Celtic than in OTL. Bonus points if some spare lands and titles happen to end up in Welsh rather than English hands.

archaeogeek

Banned
Yes, I know, I know. Technically the Tudors were Welsh nobility. But, let's face it, they dropped every trace of Welshness as soon as Henry 7 rolled into Winchester Cathedral with one slightly used crown in his hand.

So the challenge is to have the Tudor dynasty be a little more Celtic than in OTL. Bonus points if some spare lands and titles happen to end up in Welsh rather than English hands.

Glyndwr wins with tripartite indenture but lack of heir at some point leads to a Tudor on the welsh throne (which includes the still not fully anglicized marches, Worcester and Gloucester). It doesn't take much to get them in line for the Mortimer bits of Britain. The main problem is that the Mortimer England has like a million people to Glyndwr Wales' and Percy Northumbria's two half-millions