How strong is Macedonia

Hello everyone

My question today is how much can Macedonia become in total land and politically wise after Alexander the great dies in OTL. Or after the diadochi war's?

This should be easy.

Somewhere in Persia...

"By the way, my King," Ptolemy said as he and Alexander made their way to Ctestiphon. "On the off chance you do die, who's going to lead this empire you're creating?"

Alexander considered for a moment. "Eh, why not. You! You'll be king."

Ptolemy stared at Alexander. "Can I get that in writing?"

"Sure."

"Bitchin'."

Basically, with a defined line of succession, Alexander could theoretically have preserved the entire Macedonian empire, though as I understand it he planned to make his capital at Babylon.

No I mean that Alexander dies like he did in OTL

The Purpose of this thread is to ask after the death of Alexander, and when his empire has been brocken up. How strong could Macedonia be in the territorial and economic sense?

I can see a Macedonia ruling sort of the area of the Roman Empire circa 850, assuming all goes hunky-dory for Macedon. This means Rome has to go down first though, obviously.

Typo

Banned
Seleucus isn't assassinated on the way back to take control of macedon.

Then you have Macedon, greece, and the whole of the Seleucid Empire under one dynasty, if it holds together (that's a huge IF) then it can probably be a counterweight to Rome in the east.

Deleted member 5909

Seleucus isn't assassinated on the way back to take control of macedon.

Then you have Macedon, greece, and the whole of the Seleucid Empire under one dynasty, if it holds together (that's a huge IF) then it can probably be a counterweight to Rome in the east.

I doubt it. Even if he wasn't assassinated, Seleucus was pushing eighty by this point. A more likely outcome is that, even if he does manage to take back Macedon, he dies before he can consolidate his position.

I doubt it. Even if he wasn't assassinated, Seleucus was pushing eighty by this point. A more likely outcome is that, even if he does manage to take back Macedon, he dies before he can consolidate his position.

If the empire breaks up under Seleucus what possessions would Macedon have?