Most likely alternate Israel

There isn't any. While I could see Israel not being created, it would never be created anywhere else. Palestine is the only place Jews of the world could agree on as "homeland".

Leads to more problems

Birobidzhan in an USSR that never deviates from Korenizatsia?

The best that would do is create a situation where a many Jews east of the Volgar River immigrate while western Zionists press on with whatever progress they made starting with the Balfour declaration. I don't see the Madagascar plan ever being accepted in this situation. In other words it would create a rift that would certainly be the kind of schadenfreude for those against the establishment of a Jewish state to begin with.

The best that would do is create a situation where a many Jews east of the Volgar River immigrate while western Zionists press on with whatever progress they made starting with the Balfour declaration. I don't see the Madagascar plan ever being accepted in this situation. In other words it would create a rift that would certainly be the kind of schadenfreude for those against the establishment of a Jewish state to begin with.

So? OP doesn't ask for universal acceptance.

THose who don't want to participate would be welcome to not participate.

Who knows, you could still have attempts, probably failed to create a true Homeland in Isreal.

Didn't the Brits offer to set up a Jewish homeland at some point in the 19th C in Argentina?... of course would have involved them getting hold of Argentina first!

I read somewhere that the MI6 admitted to trying to prevent Jewish immigrants from making an exodus to Israel in order to stop the population of said country from swelling. If the British government decided to let them go freely to Israel, then the place may be somewhat more powerful and larger (with extra population filling their ranks and conquered territories in the Arab-Israeli Wars.

Myself and David bar Elias touched on British East Africa (aka Uganda and Kenya) being potential spots for a Jewish state. Check out his "Zionist Uganda" (a masterpiece that got me really into this site in the first place) and my own "The African Superpowers" if you need to see what I mean. :)

NothingNow

Banned
You forgot Hollywood and Beverly Hills Los Angeles.:rolleyes:
Not really. the Jewish populations there are comparatively tiny compared to those of NY/NJ, plus the Gold Coast is about 9% Jewish.
The Eldest communities, and the ones to which most Jews will flock are the East-Coast communities.

776px-Jewish_Population_2000.png

Also Notice how every state with a Jewish population of less than .5% Just kind of sucks? I'm thinking there's some sort of Correlation there.:p

Then how does that explain Nevada (besides gambling and the Grand Canyon) along with Connecticut?:confused: I kid I kid.:p I thought you were reffering to largest concentrated Jewish communities? I was also considering the time frame this would be in is around the end of the 19th to mid 20th century. In that respect the Jewish community of Los Angeles dates back pretty far as well as reaching in cultural relevance and civic activeness, none of this could be achieved if it was small.

Last edited:

The Dude

Banned
Not really. the Jewish populations there are comparatively tiny compared to those of NY/NJ, plus the Gold Coast is about 9% Jewish.
The Eldest communities, and the ones to which most Jews will flock are the East-Coast communities.

Also Notice how every state with a Jewish population of less than .5% Just kind of sucks? I'm thinking there's some sort of Correlation there.:p
Huh, you might be right on that one. Also, in The Yiddish Policeman's Union, The Jewish state is a portion of Alaska. The USA would never give up territory on the east or west coasts to another nation, even a puppet state.

There isn't any. While I could see Israel not being created, it would never be created anywhere else. Palestine is the only place Jews of the world could agree on as "homeland".

Well with the Tartars deported and other ethic groups reduced in number. Crimea could be a Jewish ASSR or outright SSR. Stalin believed grouping people in ethic enclaves made control easier and the Jewish anti-fascist committee and other groups were pressing for the idea of a Jewish Crimea. It’s good land and has good infrastructure, unlike that Jewish Oblast on the ass end of Siberia.

With no Israel and thus no Israeli-American alliance, the Soviet government might green light this idea and it stands a fair chance of success as many Jews in the U.S.S.R even if they didn’t wish to actually emirate to the Middle East, would like the idea of a Jewish ‘’homeland’’ in the U.S.S.R. As the Jews outnumber other ethnic groups such as the Georgians and Armenians who had SSR’s of their own.

NothingNow

Banned
Then how does that explain Nevada (besides gambling and the Grand Canyon) along with Connecticut?:confused: I kid I kid.:p I thought you were reffering to largest concentrated Jewish communities? I was also considering the time frame this would be in is around the end of the 19th to mid 20th century. In that respect the Jewish community of Los Angeles dates back pretty far as well as reaching in cultural relevance and civic activeness, none of this could be achieved if it was small.
Oldest and Largest, and to be fair, the LA Community is rather distant from the Community in the North-East, where most Jews are likely to arrive anyway.
Connecticut's developed out of Sprawl from Boston and NYC, while Nevada's is a recent development partially in response to the Mob developing Las Vegas (My Great Uncle actually helped to set up the Sands back in the late 40's) and later on the general growth of the City away from just being a tourism hot-spot. Retirees helped.

Huh, you might be right on that one. Also, in The Yiddish Policeman's Union, The Jewish state is a portion of Alaska. The USA would never give up territory on the east or west coasts to another nation, even a puppet state.
I'm thinking It'd get the same sort of deal Hong-Kong or the Walt Disney Company got at best, or maybe just a "Jewish Reservation" in those areas.
there's no way in hell the US would give up New York or Florida. New Jersey however, is another issue entirely.:p