The Great Bear Run: A Tale of the Collapse of '08

FDW

Banned
The Great Bear Run #0

"The Economic collapse of 2008 could be regarded as one of the defining moments of the 21st century, the fall of old order followed by an immense period of upheaval as the major powers of the world tried to make sense of the brave new world that sat before them."

-A History of Chaos, 2047

"Who would've that thought that the collapse of one bank would bring down the whole house of Jew Golds?"

-Anonymous Poster on 4chan, 2011

This is my latest work, revolving around that one famous moment in March 2008, how it went differently, and it's long term results. (I'll leave it to you to figure out what that moment is.)

Last edited:

FDW

Banned
Interested, I'm guessing dow's going to go down, down, down.

Not quite. Down? Yes. Staying down for while? Yes. But going to apocalyptic levels? No. But what will happen is that a certain deal between two banks and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York fail to go through, leading to one of the two banks in the deal being forced to declare bankruptcy, which in turn will move up the OTL september panic to april. From There I plan for the recession to work it's way across the world in a somewhat different manner than OTL.

Not quite. Down? Yes. Staying down for while? Yes. But going to apocalyptic levels? No. But what will happen is that a certain deal between two banks and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York fail to go through, leading to one of the two banks in the deal being forced to declare bankruptcy, which in turn will move up the OTL september panic to april. From There I plan for the recession to work it's way across the world in a somewhat different manner than OTL.

I've got an idea of what you're talking about, won't spoil it though. ;)

This looks highly interesting, and we don't get many (good) recent-history ideas. This one sounds promising. 4chan in an AH context :eek:

This looks highly interesting, and we don't get many (good) recent-history ideas. This one sounds promising. 4chan in an AH context :eek:

I know. Like there not scary enough in OTL.:eek:

But anyway, I look forward to your TL. I always love a good modern TL, so long as it isn't biased.

FDW

Banned
I know. Like there not scary enough in OTL.:eek:

But anyway, I look forward to your TL. I always love a good modern TL, so long as it isn't biased.

I'll do my best. But please comment and let your opinions be known to me, so you can keep me honest. And BTW I won't be afraid to retcon if I fuck something up, so please let me know if I do.

As for the update schedule, I plan for the next update to go up Thursday, and will update this TL once a week from that point onward.

I'll do my best. But please comment and let your opinions be known to me, so you can keep me honest. And BTW I won't be afraid to retcon if I fuck something up, so please let me know if I do.

As for the update schedule, I plan for the next update to go up Thursday, and will update this TL once a week from that point onward.

I'll look forward to it.:)

FDW

Banned
The Great Bear Run #1

March 16th, 2008

nytlogo379x64.gif

BEAR STEARNS BANKRUPT!!!

"I fear that the decision we made may result in unforeseen consequences upon the economy." -Timothy Geither, 2008.

"Dow makes a record breaking fall, stocks down globally."
-Washington Post, March 24th, 2008.