República de Texas

NomadicSky

Banned
An alternate independent Republic of Texas, that in its current state from the amalgamation of The Republic of Texas and the Republic of Rio Grande.

In 1836 the Republic of Texas gained a shaky independence from Mexico, in less than a century Texas had grown from an unstable frontier state to one of the more influential nations in the Americas.

In 1840 a rebellion not to unlike the one that formed the Republic of Texas a federation of Mexican provinces declared themselves independent and framed out a government.

Relations between Texas and The Republic of the Rio Grande were initially harmed by the fact that both nations claimed the land between the Nueces and the Rio Grande, the Texans insisted that their border ended at the Rio Grande.

A radical new plan would come from a meeting between the nations. A merger, the break away states that formed Rio Grande would merge with Texas.

The current flag is a representation of this agreement. The smaller stars represent Texas (upper), Rio Grande (lower) and the Unified State (Large central star).

War would break out between Mexico and the United States would include Texas.

With the help of the United States that annexed much of then Northern Mexico in the following peace the Texans were allowed to annex the rest, the Yucatán would fall under occupation and later annexation from the United States.

Texas attracted many immigrants from Ireland, Germany, and later South African Boers would settle the plans areas of central Texas.

Jewish immigrants largely from Russia would settle in the relatively sparse south western area in the later 19th century. The city of Jerusalem was founded upon the Hohokam ruins discovered by Benjamin Lebenzon.

In 1900 two cities would be chosen to become the capitals of Texas. The legislative capital is Santa Fe and the executive-judicial capital is Monterrey.

Belgrade.PNG

Last edited:
In 1900 two cities would be chosen to become the capitals of Texas. The legislative capital is Santa Fe and the executive-judicial capital is Monterrey.
Fascinating that Sante Fe, the Mexican loyalist city becomes one of the capitals. I would have thought that a Texan city would have been chosen...

Last edited:
Interesting scenario.

But I dont get how Jalisco ends up in Texas. I can see Zacatecas (which was a sort non connected part of the Rep Rio Bravo, Sonora (Including Sinaloa) Chihuahua (including Durgango) and San Luis becoming "Texan" but the border seems to be randomly drawn further south than what it needs to.

Also Texas should get some part of Southern/Baja California the western border with the US also seems very random.

Other than that an uber independent Texas is kinda cool

So the USA let Texas expand to the Colorado river?

How did Texas's economy stay afloat initial, to prevent it from begging for annexation to the USA?

NomadicSky

Banned
Interesting scenario.

But I dont get how Jalisco ends up in Texas. I can see Zacatecas (which was a sort non connected part of the Rep Rio Bravo, Sonora (Including Sinaloa) Chihuahua (including Durgango) and San Luis becoming "Texan" but the border seems to be randomly drawn further south than what it needs to.

Also Texas should get some part of Southern/Baja California the western border with the US also seems very random.

Other than that an uber independent Texas is kinda cool

I did kind of randomly draw it.

I created the map and then tried to figure out a story line with it.

And then after I created I was looking at it thinking, hmmm now how can this happen.

It seemed that by merging the Republic of the Rio Grande it gave them a boost in size and the beginnings of a bilingual nation giving a base for the gradual annexation of other Mexican lands. Major expansion coming from entering into war with the US, I suppose settlers in California and Utah could be the casus belli.

Or perhaps the annexation of the Rio Grande republic and then the US comes to Texan aide.

Instead of them having Baja California, I think they should have the area up to the Arkansas River.

NomadicSky

Banned
Maybe they make a land grab if the Civil War still happens?

I don't think they'd try that. There probably would be a civil war and the Texas would probably stay out. Although there'd be those supported them officailly they'd stay out.