Help with TL: Texas without the Yanks?

Hey Guys,

In OTL one of the reasons Texas revolted was due to the amount of American settlers there who didn't like the way the Mexican government did things. And so after the successful revolution they formed an independent nation, which failed and thus Texas applied for integration into the USA and was accepted.

But in my TL the Americans never gain a border with Mexican Texas as Britain conquers Louisiana that's still French in 1817. Within Texas in my TL there is some migration from Britain to Mexican Texas (as I said about the Welsh families, thought there are others as well.) But these migrators aren't the revolutionists the OTL Americans were, though they still dislike the Mexican system.

So what would happen now? Especially from 1830 onwards? The British government has kept a general peace with the Mexicans, knowing that the Mexicans care still a force to be reckoned with. If you need anymore info on what happens leading up to this point, or anything that happens a bit later or something please do tell me, I'd be happy to explain :)

Thanks to anyone who can help :)

There's an older thread where we speculated that a British Texas would bring in laborers from either India and/or free Blacks in the Caribbean. Think of Texas as becoming like Surinam.