The Other Empire Under the Sun

What I am referring to is of course what to me and to many is a cliche. But also an under-used cliche. The success of the Spanish Armada. If they had not been blown of course the Duke of Parma would have landed and his battle hardened troops would have destroyed the British, taken London and other fun stuff. So what happens after this assuming that Elizabeth is captured in London.

The Spanish Empire at this time is in fantastic shape, ruling all of Spain and parts of Italy as well as the Netherlands, his cousin is Holy Roman Emperor. It has colonies from Manila to Mexico City and Missionaries are creeping into the as of yet unsettled Virginia territory.

What is the future of this massive empire, with the conquest of Britain Spain has established a world hegemony even more secure than the OTL British one. There are great things in store for the Spanierds, but as anyone know all it takes is one person to screw it up. What is going to happen?

Last edited:
Holy Spanish-wank!

Anyway, the Empire would've broken up. It would be far, far too stretched out at that point. The only way I can see it lasting 20 years is if the Stranger visits the Duke of Parma:D. Actually, that sounds like a good idea for my next TL, after I finish When Brezhnev Dead. Please, visit it...god knows it needs more comments.

What I am referring to is of course what to me and to many is a cliche. But also an under-used cliche. The success of the Spanish Armada. If they had not been blown of course the Duke of Parma would have landed and his battle hardened troops would have destroyed the British, taken London and other fun stuff. So what happens after this assuming that Elizabeth is captured in London.

The Spanish Empire at this time is in fantastic shape, ruling all of Spain and parts of Italy as well as the Netherlands, his cousin is Holy Roman Emperor. It has colonies from Manila to Mexico City and Missionaries are creeping into the as of yet unsettled Virginia territory.

What is the future of this massive empire, with the conquest of Britain Spain has established a world hegemony even more secure than the OTL British one. There are great things in store for the Spanierds, but as anyone know all it takes is one person to screw it up. What is going to happen?

That sounds really cool! I don't however know how "secure" your empire is going to be. The Protestant British will not accept the Catholic Spaniards. Its going to be a bitch for Spain to take Britain