MoF 07: The Fall of the Conquistador's Empire

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy which is why there is also no title page at the moment.

This Challenge comes from B_Munro's suggestion:
The Fall of the Conquistador's Empire: successor states to the Cortezian Empire after the Great Revolt of 1788-1793

The contest closes at 0400 GMT time on the 10th of November 2009.

This thread is for maps only. Any questions or discussion is to take place in the discussion thread.

Last edited:
Well, here's my entry. Not as good as I wanted but still. Yellow is former cortezian regions, the others should be self explanitory. Date is 1799

cortezian.PNG

This is supposed to look like a page out of a textbook. The Spanish-American Wars are earlier and bloodier, inspired by the French Revolution and to a lesser extent the American Revolution. The new countries largely follow the borders of the old Viceroyalties, and are further subdivided into semi-autonomous provinces or constituent republics. The amount of autonomy varies, with the La Plata states being barely more autonomous than modern US states, while the Colombian republics are about as federated as the modern EU. Mexico is the wealthiest and most stable, while Peru is poor and backwards. Map in next post...

My Humble Entry. Also done in the style fo a textbook, pamphlet etc. Apologies to SReagan for that fact that it looks rather similer to his style and to UCS haters out there. POD is in the 1740's just in case you wanted to know.

EDIT: Of Shit, jsut realised the mistake i made....

MOF 7 entry.PNG

MOF 7 entry.PNG

Last edited:
My entry, the story will be up in the map thread as to not clutter here. In short, I took the title of the challenge a bit literal, having nation states compete with conquistador led native states before the revolt.

The America's - 1800.PNG

I made this awhile back, but I figure it fits.

Rather than going the route of focusing on the entire hemisphere this map shows what happened to what would've become the 'lower 48.

While not shown the Republic of New Spain extends down half-way through Panama and controls most of the ex-Spanish Caribbean.

Three States of America.png