MoF 06: Voting thread

Who should win the sixth MoF?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is the voting thread for MoF 06: Industrialised Song.

As per the rules of voting the following members votes count for more:

Sapiento: 3
Legolas: 3
Soveriegn 12: 2
Nugax: 2

Voting is public, and the poll closes in 7 days on the 1st of November.

My vote goes to Jman.

While their were several great maps it was the best given the competition and overall quality.

Nugax was been my second choice, though the Manchu influenced English gave me a headache.

Thande

Donor
My vote goes to Jman - simple but authentic-looking - with an honourable mention to Bruce for one of his typically interesting scenarios.

There seem to be quite a few competitors, naming no names, who while they can create an epic-looking map, seem to use exactly the same vaguely 19th century sepia European map style regardless of the subject matter or time period, which is getting quite dull.

Nugax's excellent map loses points for the nigh unreadable font. Legolas, Jman, and Scarecrow are who I can't decide between right now.

I also can't see the last map.

Scarecrow, I like Nugax's map, but the writing makes my head hurt (seriously I was staring at it for a while trying to read parts of it and I gave myself a headache :()

There seem to be quite a few competitors, naming no names, who while they can create an epic-looking map, seem to use exactly the same vaguely 19th century sepia European map style regardless of the subject matter or time period, which is getting quite dull.

I'm trying to get past this, it's just not working very well... :D

EDIT: Oh, and my vote goes to Scarecrow. I have the same complaint as many others toward Nugax's map - the idea is brilliant, but I want to be able to read the labels if they are there...

Yes! Finaly a vote!

Also if I could have seen that last one from the beginning, I would have voted for it.

Krall

Banned
When you win a round your vote is worth +1. The more rounds you win the more your vote is worth.

I disagree with this rule and refuse to vote. Winning the map challenge should be enough of a reward in itself, and winning doesn't mean your opinion is worth more or less than anyone else's.

If anyone's wondering, I was going to vote for Scarecrow.

Scarecrow has my vote - it's an interesting spin on the P.O.D. (all the other maps have the Sung surviving to the map-present in some form or other), and the trade key is a great idea. I very much like the border effect - is it a texture or a brush? B_Munro's map has some fantastic ideas as well. I agree the voting mechanism seems a bit strange, though.