MoF 05: Voting Thread

Who should win the fifth MoF?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Voting is now open for round five. The polls will close in one weeks time. Round five can be found here, and the discussion thread is here.

Due to voting reform the Poll for this round is public, and the previous winners votes are worth extra points.

Sapiento and Legolas's votes are worth 3, and Sovereign12's vote is worth 2.

I voted for Nugax. There were a TON of extraordinary maps this round, though. If I was allowed to I'd also vote for Thande and Legolas.

Voting for Nugax. Beautiful map and looking over it again, I just noticed the subtle geographical changes in the map.

Ooh, very hard to decide. I want to vote for Feo's map, as no-one's done so yet, but since he's using my basemap I think there might be a conflict of interest :( So, to my mind, it's between Nugax and Sapiento - both have absolutely amazing maps with solid ideas behind them. Ultimately, I went for Sapiento, because it's just the more original idea (and because I suspect Nugax is going to win anyway). It's a very nice subversion of Australia as automatic non-participant in any Cold War, too - when is the P.O.D.? I notice the 'gunknights' and 'divecruisers'... I also very much liked Legolas, TransparentBlue, and Thande's entries - wilcoxchar should also get a mention for having the most original presentation (I'm guessing it's a take on that Cold War diplomacy game, but I can't remember the title at the minute).

Aranfan, Nekromans - Thanks! Do remember though that it's Nicksplace27's map - I'm just the window dressing man.

Thande

Donor
As you can't vote for yourself, my choice was a toss-up between Sregan and Feo, but I decided on the former in the end.

It was certainly a toss-up between Feo, Sapiento, Transparent Blue and SRicksplace, but in the end I went for the latter due to the agonising density of detail.

Thanks to everyone who voted for me, I feel bad that I never got round to making and posting a corrected map (spelling errors fixed, the two missing subnational units named, and a lack of map key for Mexican and Brazilian strips rectified) before the contest ended!