A little Jewish Israel covering the island of Madagascar?

RealityX

Banned
http://rakotomalala.blogspot.com/2007/06/madagascar-plan-67-years-ago-what-if.html

I just thought this was interesting... I mean just how strong was the desire of the 'Jewish' people to return to their not so bountiful ancient promised land (that no matter what, is a geographic target... I think being between so many large powers may have contributed to their 'persecuted' victim personality, along with their, 'we are gods special chosen people' religion.) That they would have to fight tooth and nail for against their historical antagonists? I mean the modern nation of Israel is secular... So it shouldn't matter where they are as long as they have a homeland right? I can understand the religious ones wanted to return to the 'promised land' to hasten prophecy or rebuild their temple... but still. An island like Madagascar is much easier to defend and develop an isolated culture.

Perhaps the situation in the middle east wouldn't exist... or maybe you would just have Shiites vs. Sunnis... Or if the British empire hadn't lost their resolve to nihilism and a weird sense of guilt... In many ways the granting of independence to India and the partitioning of 'Palestine or Israel' has resulted in two of the most potentially dangerous hot zones in the world. Long live the Imperial Commonwealth... well I'm getting off topic now, but what do you guys think?

You know, I actually think one Nazi plan short of genocide was to take madagascar and deport the Jews there...Not sure where I read it. That could be a POD.
Anyway, I don't think many Jews will go along with this, not when a Jewish religious song is "next year in Jerusalem".

You know, I actually think one Nazi plan short of genocide was to take madagascar and deport the Jews there...Not sure where I read it. That could be a POD.
Anyway, I don't think many Jews will go along with this, not when a Jewish religious song is "next year in Jerusalem".
There actually was a plan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madagascar_plan.
The only way to get this to work is have Germany knock the British out of the war during the early years. Maybe by having the Dunkirk evacuation fail or at least that might be a good start to beating the British.

I am sure the indigenous people of Madagascar would have been ecstatic to have exchanged one colonial master for another one

A little Jewish Israel covering the island of Madagascar?
Given that the Island of Madagascar is larger than the nation of France, I question the term little.

As most of the World Shipping capacity is tied up hauling war supplies ?How do you get them to Madagascar?

Deleted member 9338

Another POD is if there is a French Facist goverment take over in 34. They have a great oportunity for resettlement.

What the hell is it with all the threads wanting to create Israel in Madagascar?

Why do all the Jews need to go to Madagascar :(

Last edited:

Deleted member 9338

What the hell is it with all the Jews wanting to create Israel in Madagascar?

Why do all the Jews need to go to Madagascar :(

Think of it as Fasict Europe trying to remove the "Jewish Problem". At times the Zionists even helped, like the Uganda Plan of 1903. For France in 34 and Gernamy during WWII it is a way of removing the Jews (but I am sure not their assests) while looking to the rest of Europe as being (no laughing now) enlightened.

I don't understand a thing.
Madagascar is an island very large,more larger of France or Italy.
the Nazis were planning to ship four million Jews (the number did not include the Jews of Russia,so we said five milions of jews).
Now The leader of 1937 Poland commission, Major Mieczyslaw Lepecki, believed that it would be possible to settle 40,000 to 60,000 people in Madagascar,Leon Alter, the director of the Jewish Emigration Association (JEAS) in Warsaw, believed only 2,000 people could be settled there. Shlomo Dyk, an agricultural engineer from Tel Aviv, estimated even fewer.
Now if Madagascar is more larger of Italy or France ,how is possible this?
Italy have 59 milions of inhabitants (and very large portion of territory are mountains),France have 64 milions of inhabitants.
So why is impossible put comfortably five milions of peoples in a land so large?

Tellus

Banned
Not actually true...

Well, kinda.

Madgascar is 587K sq km

Metropolitan France is 552k sq km

Its not really fair to bring the overseas possessions in a size comparaison between France and Madagascar. But if we did bring them on, yes, France is larger at 675k sq km.

I mean just how strong was the desire of the 'Jewish' people to return to their not so bountiful ancient promised land
Very Strong --Several attempts by Britain to offer them Kenya, Uganda, or North Rhodesia, were all turned down.
Now The leader of 1937 Poland commission, Major Mieczyslaw Lepecki, believed that it would be possible to settle 40,000 to 60,000 people in Madagascar,Leon Alter, the director of the Jewish Emigration Association (JEAS) in Warsaw, believed only 2,000 people could be settled there. Shlomo Dyk, an agricultural engineer from Tel Aviv, estimated even fewer.
Now if Madagascar is more larger of Italy or France ,how is possible this?
Because They were looking at other Factors than Land availability.