Alternate names for Texas?

So I'm reading up on some alternate American state/colony names, like "Charlotina," or "Lacustria," and I was wondering if anyone knew of any similar alternate names for Texas? Something "Latinized," or named after a European ruler or something. You can even make it up, so long as you give me permission to use it. :)

Thanks,

Trastamara

Correction: it's more of a poetic name for the Great Lakes states. That aside, any suggestions about the Texas question from anyone?

Correction: it's more of a poetic name for the Great Lakes states. That aside, any suggestions about the Texas question from anyone?

Appropriate, given its meaning, but When has lacustris ever been a poetic name for the Great Lakes states (though it sounds like something Jefferson would have thought up)?

As for Texas, how about Altopalino?

Caddonia, named for the Caddo people who once lived in eastern Texas.

Well, since the Spanish name Tejas comes from (IIRC) the Hasinai subset of the Caddo that's quite probable. Similarly Cohuila comes from the Cohuiltecans along the Rio Grande.

Similarly there's the Nadarko, Adai, Hai-ish, Kadohadacho (aka Caddo), Nacogdoches, and Yatasai subsets of the Caddo.

Other possible indian-derived names: Karakia or Karankawas (from the Karankawa), Tonkawia (Tonkawa), Apachia (Lippan Appaches), or Comanchia (Comanche).

And now that I've rambled on... :p

I've always had this idea of a Dar al Islam Texas names Hasinistan, the Sabine or Red River to be Shat al Hasin of course!