Arab countries respect UN discission....

and Palestine is partioned peacefully and the countries of Israel and Palestine exist together. If this had happened how would the cold war in the middle east have been?

Hashasheen

Banned
and Palestine is partioned peacefully and the countries of Israel and Palestine exist together. If this had happened how would the cold war in the middle east have been?
HAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Hashasheen, for responding helpfully and rationally.

I'm not really sure this PoD works. You have to change circumstances radically (since the reason for Jewish acceptance and Arab rejection wa sthat the Israeli's knew they had everything including national existance to loose, whereas the Arabs thought they had everything, including national existance, to gain) or change the Arab leadership and make them more willing to compromise.

Then again, maybe I'm totally wrong.

Keenir

Banned

the Israeli extremists would have overrun Palestine, killing anyone who got in their way

Hashasheen

Banned
Thanks, Hashasheen, for responding helpfully and rationally.
You're welcome Blame! :D
but if you wish a serious answer, the Palestine created would either become a battleground between Syria, Egypt and the TransJordan, becomes some what extremist from the Mufti, or is annexxed by Jordan

why do you assume they'd be competent? just because they're Jewish?

Keenir

I suggest you try and use logic. You said they would be competent. That is they defeated their opponents. Especially since this means a poorly equipped Jewish force defeating a similar number of Arabs, the latter probably with large scale support from neighbouring Arab states, as when they decided on war OTL, I think that would definitely define them as competent.

If they had then committed widespread massacres of Arab civilians that would have been an atrocity, as it would have been if the Arabs had slaughtered the Jews. But then I would be judging what people did not who they are.;)

Steve

You're welcome Blame! :D
but if you wish a serious answer, the Palestine created would either become a battleground between Syria, Egypt and the TransJordan, becomes some what extremist from the Mufti, or is annexxed by Jordan

That all actually sounds very likely, maybe I spoke too soon, but remember:

! is punctuation. !! is emphasis. !!! indicates noise painful to the ear. !!!! doesn't really do anything. !!!!! indicates madness. !!!!!! and up... there's no helping these poor souls!

the Israeli extremists would have overrun Palestine, killing anyone who got in their way

Why oh why? Its obvious that this takes place in a differant world with changed circumstances, personalities, or both. Lets not make assumptions before we establish a proper PoD.

ASB because of the religious differences in my view.

While I agree with what I think is your point ("With no other PoD, this is ASB"), "religious differances" is a most inelegant oversimplification.

My Point of view takes into account that the grand mufti of Jerusalem didn't had contact with Hitler and the Nazis. Because we all know that that the main reason why the arabs assulted the UN recognized state of Israel was because the arab countries where influenced by Nazi Propaganda!

Thusly if this hadn't had happened maybe Hitler and Nazni saw the arabs the same way the saw Africans.

I think if this had been the case then the there wouldn't have been ground for an arab attack on the state of Israel!

/Fred

My Point of view takes into account that the grand mufti of Jerusalem didn't had contact with Hitler and the Nazis. Because we all know that that the main reason why the arabs assulted the UN recognized state of Israel was because the arab countries where influenced by Nazi Propaganda!

Thusly if this hadn't had happened maybe Hitler and Nazni saw the arabs the same way the saw Africans.

I think if this had been the case then the there wouldn't have been ground for an arab attack on the state of Israel!

/Fred

As an Israelophile...

Please, stop it, you're giving us a bad name!

The Jews in the 1947 were getting a very good deal. The Arab-Jewish animosity had begun generations before the 1947. IMO, it was going to end up a war, no matter what. Irgun was hell bent on a Jewish state, the Arabs were not going to give up their homes easily. The UN's wish to have Jerusalem as a place for both sides was doomed to failure, too - Jerusalem was deep within the Arab territories, which would likely have resulted in the Arabs not allowing the Jews anywhere near it.

Long and short - its ASB.

Hashasheen

Banned
My Point of view takes into account that the grand mufti of Jerusalem didn't had contact with Hitler and the Nazis. Because we all know that that the main reason why the arabs assulted the UN recognized state of Israel was because the arab countries where influenced by Nazi Propaganda! Thusly if this hadn't had happened maybe Hitler and Nazni saw the arabs the same way the saw Africans. I think if this had been the case then the there wouldn't have been ground for an arab attack on the state of Israel!

You're sense of history sucks, because Nazi Germany was defeated before the inception of the United Nations and as an Arab with a decent knowledge of the conflict, I need to call you on this.

You're sense of history sucks, because Nazi Germany was defeated before the inception of the United Nations and as an Arab with a decent knowledge of the conflict, I need to call you on this.

No You suck sir.

Because its a known fact that the Mastermind of the arab assult on Israel after 1947, was the grand mufti of Jerusalem, who in fact had been a friend of Hitler in 1930s.

/Fred

Hashasheen

Banned
No You suck sir.

Because its a known fact that the Mastermind of the arab assult on Israel after 1947, was the grand mufti of Jerusalem, who in fact had been a friend of Hitler in 1930s.

/Fred
LoL what? Hitler and the Mufti friends? sources please. Mufti supported the Nazi anti-semtic laws and was a propoganda piece in the Mandate for him, nothing more. as for being the Mastermind of the Arab Assault on Israel, that is the biggest pile of crock ever written, He controlled his own militia and co-ordinated at times with the Arab allies, but the Arab Legion was perhaps the best led force facing the Israelis and it was a tie between the Syrians, TransJordanians and the Egyptians on who led the alliance at different times.

If there had been an actual leader of the Arab forces in 1948 Israel would probably not have survived.

When they weren't going it alone they were actively sabotaging one another, such as Egypt deliberately stopping shipments of arms and ammunition to Jordan(then called Transjordan), in return for which Jordan withdrew from the war and let Egypt enjoy one on one combat with the Israelis.

It is, however, true that the Mufti was a Nazi war criminal, wanted by several Balkan nations(ironically NOT so much for treatment of Jews), and it was the Mufti who set the pattern of Palestinian disasters the next 60+ years by assuming extremist positions and offensive behavior which made it impossible for anyone to deal with him(including most of his fellow Arab leaders) while butchering anyone who emerged as a rival or might have emerged as a rival or looked at the Mufti with both eyes at the same time...it isn't so well known that the large majority of his victims were other Palestinians.