Texas larger stronger Independent

NomadicSky

Banned
this is a continuation of my Louisiane timeline
March 2, 1836 Texans declared their independence from Mexico
Backed by forces from Louisiane under the clause they wouldn't join the United States.Texan independence was secured by 1837 and during the battle at the Alamo Davy Crocket lived. Like in our world Texas disputed it's borders with Mexico. Texas spent the next ten years forming aliances other nations and seeking diplomatic recognition...it also prepared for an inevitable war with Mexico 1846 news of revolutions in Alto California reached Texas this was the time.
This time Texas had a higher population and a very well trained milita that quickly captured New Mexico and reached California.
Promises of Independance secured Mormon, support Deseret declared independence. With the help of the British (who controll all of oregon)
Californians are free from Mexico who is badly defeated by this aliance
California (which includes the California peninsula) is established as the California republic and Deseret is established a sovereign nation. Santa Fe becomes the capitol city of Texas.
The California republic is short lived June 3 1847 it votes to unite with Texas
Deseret is encircled on three sides by Texas and has almost constant border diputes.
May 12, 1852 carson county request Texan annexation which it recieves this leads to the Mormon war thousands of non morman settlers fight on the Texan side this leads to an annexation of Deseret by 1855... Which gives Texas her modern borders

Attachments

• Texas2.bmp
    200.7 KB · Views: 1,041
Besides the attempt at calling SLC Jersusalem its plausible. The Desert Territories were blantant but not that blantant. Sounds kinda like the Arkansas masquers you got going on there. The majority of settlement in Deserret would take names from the Book of Mormon(FYI).

This reminds me of an episode of Sliders in which California was a part of the Republic of Texas. Was that part of the inspiration or just a coincidence?

NomadicSky

Banned
honestly Inspiration

I love the show sliders but I thought the map of texas in that sliders episode was a little implausibe(you can see it in the police station and I paused the dvd got a good look at it) not to mention the Texan culture in that episode. I couldn't really think of a good name for S.L.C. but I thought Sacramento being named Lone Star City would show that California is very Texan.
Jersalem was renamed that by non mormon's

In the OTL settlers from Arkansas came into Utah. There is some debate if they were killed under orders of the LDS Church or not.

I like the map, and the idea of a Republic of Texas spreading to absorb all of Mexico del Norte is not completely far fetched. But 1846 seems a little early. Texas was pretty poor and begged the US for admission to union in 1845. Since you show the USA sharing a long border with Texas - and most Texans wanted to be annexed by USA - what happened to remove the US from the equation? I also like Canada extending south and blocking the USA from a Pacific outlet. This would result in a radically different evolution of the USA in the following decades.

Why would Texas' capital move to Santa Fe? US had already set precedent for a capital on the east coast where the country got started. I would presume the same for Texas.

NomadicSky

Banned
Wow I didn't know that

I knew American settlers lived there but I didn't know most of them came from Arkansas

NomadicSky said:
I knew American settlers lived there but I didn't know most of them came from Arkansas

They weren't settling in Utah, I don't think. Are we talking about the Mountain Meadows Massacre? I think they were passing through to California when they were ambushed by Mormons and their Indian allies. When the heat fell on Utah, someone took the fall for it.

Those from Arkansas were hopefully the only ones to get slaughtered. Of corse the mormons also practiced blood attonment at that time.....*awekard silence*.... I don't like knowing this stuff....

Othniel said:
Those from Arkansas were hopefully the only ones to get slaughtered. Of corse the mormons also practiced blood attonment at that time.....*awekard silence*.... I don't like knowing this stuff....

Blood atonement? I know the Mormons back then practiced polygamy, but I've never heard of blood atonment.

NomadicSky

Banned
you show the USA sharing a long border with Texas - and most Texans wanted to be annexed by USA - what happened to remove the US from the equation?
This isn't the same United States this united States was defeated during the was of 1812 New England is a Republic ans so is Louisiana
Louisiana is the force driving Texas out of U.S. controll as are the British
Canada is a post all of it's own.

Attachments

• Canada1.bmp
    151.1 KB · Views: 763
One of their members commits a sin they think is unpardonable, back then (They changed their doctrine since then) they would beat the fallen member to a bloody pulp...and then let them die. See they believed at a certain point Jesus's blood could no longer cover the person sins and so their own life must cover the rest. And people wonder why I think mormonism isn't a good faith....

NomadicSky

Banned
Canada didn't get it

The British did
THe British purchased Alaska from Russia in 1867 and during Canada's gradual western spread Alaska was federated into the Dominion by the British

Othniel said:
One of their members commits a sin they think is unpardonable, back then (They changed their doctrine since then) they would beat the fallen member to a bloody pulp...and then let them die. See they believed at a certain point Jesus's blood could no longer cover the person sins and so their own life must cover the rest. And people wonder why I think mormonism isn't a good faith....

While "blood atonement" was a doctrine set down by Brigham Young, it was mostly viewed as metaphorical, not to be taken literally. There is little evidence that it ever practiced literally on anything other than a tiny scale by a few extremists.

NomadicSky

Banned
I've got to leave shortly so let me give a better explanation of Canada

Other nations on the map
Acadia
Acadia is a small nation consisting of Nova Scotia, PEI. and New Brunswick
Acadia was formed during the 1880's after New Brunswick and Nova Scotia felt that the marintimes would be given poor representation in a larger Canada
Acadia was chosen as the name for the country because it was the historical name for the region Prince Edward island joined the Dominion of Acadia in 1887
St John is Acadia's capitol city.
New England
Formed in 1812 the nation originally consisted of Massachusetts , Rode Island, Connecticut and New Hampshire. Vermont joined in 1815 after the united states was defeated during the war of 1812 Maine is still part of Massachusetts
Boston is the nations capitol city

New France was the name given to Upper Canada
Oregon- the entire Oregon territory was under british rule before being federated into Canada
Greenland taken over be the British in 1818 taked on to Canada along with Ruperts Land
Ruperts land an alterante name for the Northwest Territories
Assinboia- the original name for Manitobia here it stuck
Athabasca- Alternate name for Alberta (the district of Athabasca was part of Alberta in our time line) Here it was just an alternate name
Michigan- taken from the United States during the war of 1812 it has similar borders with our worlds state because the british returned part of the territory they took. Michigan was one of the founding provinces

NomadicSky

Banned
Here is a map

I forgot to put in in the above post
I also forgot to mention that Philadelphia became the US capitol city Washington was returned to Maryland.

Attachments

• North_America_(east)1.bmp
    127.2 KB · Views: 642

NomadicSky

Banned
Here are some flags

I guessed the US would have 30 states formed out of what was left of it's territory

Attachments

• na flags.bmp
    155.5 KB · Views: 613