Jewish Yemen?

Hashasheen

Banned
Where did you get that idea?​
I had an intrest in early Islamic History and there was a period where Yemen was a Jewish Kingdom, even posing a threat to Mecca. wondered the butterfly of a Jewish Yemen instead of Israel on Arab-Jewish Relations, not to mention the Middle East as a whole. I am saving it as a plot bunny to be worked on later as a TL

Here is a wacky idea... there does exist a belief amongst some Islamic historians (not sure how many) that the Jerusalem of King Solomon, ancient Israel etc is actually modern day Mecca and not the falsely named Jerusalem that we know.

Now what if this opinion had become that of the Zionist movement?

Hashasheen

Banned
Here is a wacky idea... there does exist a belief amongst some Islamic historians (not sure how many) that the Jerusalem of King Solomon, ancient Israel etc is actually modern day Mecca and not the falsely named Jerusalem that we know.

Now what if this opinion had become that of the Zionist movement?
you know the Horus Heresy in Warhammer 40K? like that except restricted to one planet. even i would join in if that happened, and let me tell you, I am one mean m*********

you know the Horus Heresy in Warhammer 40K? like that except restricted to one planet.

Yes, I am a complete geek!

So it's a fairly limited idea?
But if one Muslim believes it, why not one Jew?
If that one Jew happens to be one of the foremost zionist rabbis of the age then others may also be convinced.
With a bunch of wealthy backers they could perhaps buy up modern arms, hire a few mercs, trek across the desert and capture Mecca during perhaps the Great War?

PS: I know this might be a sensitive issue, just trying to consider the wackiest possibilities that I can.

Last edited:

Hashasheen

Banned
Yes, I am a complete geek!

So it's a fairly limited idea?
But if one Muslim believes it, why not one Jew?
If that one Jew happens to be one of the foremost zionist rabbis of the age then others may also be convinced.
With a bunch of wealthy backers they could perhaps buy up modern arms, hire a few mercs, trek across the desert and capture Mecca during perhaps the Great War?

PS: I know this might be a sensitive issue, just trying to consider the wackiest possibilities that I can.

the theory itself is rather modern i think, and even they could try to do that, ignoring that it would stir up a hornets nest, had very little resources for modern day economy, and both Palestine and Yemen were better picks if only because they had some resources to work with and were under the aegis of Britain, unlike Mecca which was soon devored by the Munafiqeen Al-Saud who were a bunch of psychotic bastards, and still are.

they could try to do that, if ignoring that it would stir up a hornets nest, had very little resources for modern day economy, and both Palestine and Yemen were better picks if only because they had some resources to work with and were under the aegis of Britain, unlike Mecca which was soon devored by the Munafiqeen Al-Saud who were a bunch of psychotic bastards, and still are.

It's very tenuous I'll give you that...
But bear in mind that the Zionists were incredibly stubborn, they were presented with several other options for what would have been a safer, maybe even nicer homelands. But they rejected them because as far as they were concerned Israel was their actual homelan, as given to them by God... and bear in mind that Zionism was more secular than religious!

So if they believed that Mecca was Jerusalem they would have tried someway to get it. Success is very unrealistic, but the possibility of an attempt even by a lunatic fringe of the Zionists could lead to a very bizarre and interesting plot.

Mind you I've always liked the idea that they decide to move to Patagonia!

Hashasheen

Banned
It's very tenuous I'll give you that...
But bear in mind that the Zionists were incredibly stubborn, they were presented with several other options for what would have been a safer, maybe even nicer homelands. But they rejected them because as far as they were concerned Israel was their actual homelan, as given to them by God... and bear in mind that Zionism was more secular than religious!

So if they believed that Mecca was Jerusalem they would have tried someway to get it. Success is very unrealistic, but the possibility of an attempt even by a lunatic fringe of the Zionists could lead to a very bizarre and interesting plot.

Mind you I've always liked the idea that they decide to move to Patagonia!

but the theory itself is modern, and I doubt the Ottoman empire would be so welcoming to allow a Jewish population to arise in the Hejaz before the Great War

but the theory itself is modern, and I doubt the Ottoman empire would be so welcoming to allow a Jewish population to arise in the Hejaz before the Great War

Do you know where and when the idea appeared?
But no, I was not envisaging it to be with the permission of anyone in the Islamic world.

It's like asking if you can perform a homosexual orgie festival in the vatican x1000.

Hashasheen

Banned
Do you know where and when the idea appeared?
But no, I was not envisaging it to be with the permission of anyone in the Islamic world.

It's like asking if you can perform a homosexual orgie festival in the vatican x1000.

more like having a homosexual orgy in the all areas of the Vatican, and including the current pope while preforming necrophilia on the deceased ones, while broadcasting it on every station in the world and then having 3 million women abort their children after the orgy is finished. It would be how Armaggedon kicked off in a parallel universe.

more like having a homosexual orgy in the all areas of the Vatican, and including the current pope while preforming necrophilia on the deceased ones, while broadcasting it on every station in the world and then having 3 million women abort their children after the orgy is finished. It would be how Armaggedon kicked off in a parallel universe.

Steady on... you made my monocole fall into my tea!