RFK:If he wasn't killed

So my project is if RFK was not killed in 1968 and was able to be the Democrat presidential nominee.

RICHARD NIXON WAS SHOT AND PARALYZED

1968 Democratic National Convention

August 28-At 3:26 PM,4 bombs went off at the International Amphitheatre in Chicago. It was right in the middle of a speech Eugene McCarthy was giving about the Vietnam War. 25 seconds later,members of the Yippie movement stormed the Amphitheatre and punched at people.There was chaos everywhere. Robert Kennedy was brave enough to give and speech and give the Yippies their money's worth.

''STOP THIS MADNESS!"shouted the enraged Kennedy.He said this,
"Why are you doing this? Yippies,why are you doing this madness? If you attack our country,you attack the world.I saw people do bad in this world,in this country.My brother (JFK) was shot and killed by a gunman's bullets half a decade ago.We as a country are enraged at Vietnam. But that doesn't mean that that you can shoot,punch people and blow up things. But in this age of life,people use those drugs,and our way of life is fading away.The US from the 50's is gone.Drugs and dumb people just riot for no apparent reason,they just want to get attention.This is a great example of that.The government is mad at that. I am mad at that. We are different then we were at the beginning of this decade and we will be different when this one is over. And I have have a memo for you Yippies. Don't mess with the police,don't mess with the government,and DON'T MESS WITH THE U.S!"The crowd of people running around had stopped to listen to him.CBS was broadcasting these events and Walter Cronkite said that "These moving pictures,this speech,this event will forever live in the history of this nation."
KENNEDY GIVES SPEECH AT CONVENTION AFTER BOMBS WENT OFF

This was the headline of most big city newspapers on August 29,1968.

Today:
Hugh Downs:"Robert F. Kennedy gives a great speech after the International Amphitheatre was bombed. The group known as the Yippies are being blamed."

After the bombing,the convention was moved to the Chicago Stadium. Robert F. Kennedy was chosen as the Democratic nominee for the 1968 election,all but one chose him. Kennedy chose Edmund Muskie of Maine as his Vice President. Kennedy said in his acceptance speech:"We are going to end the war in Vietnam,and we are going to end it soon."

The next day in Indianapolis,Indiana,Nelson Rockefeller was nominated by the new Union party as their choice for president.

When Kennedy heard this,he know that it was going to be a tough battle but he could pull it through.

The Four
Robert F Kennedy (Democrat)
James Rhodes (Republican)
George Wallace (American Independent)
Nelson Rockefeller (Union)

Last edited:
DUE TO AN EDIT ON THE FIRST POST,JAMES RHODES IS NOW THE REPUBLICAN NOMINEE.

SEPTEMBER 4,MADISON,WISCONSIN,12:25 PM:Robert F Kennedy sat quietly in his tour bus. In 5 minutes he would be out greeting people and giving a speech.But for now,he was thinking about what happened the past few days.He was in an plot by the Yippies to kill key Democrats. He was lucky,but five years ago his brother was not. He felt sad,depressed but he knew that he can go on and win the election,win it-for John. 'Robert,it's time to give your speech." Robert got up and walked out of the bus.

EXPERTS FROM THE MADISON SPPECH,SEPTEMBER 4,1968

''I may had lived through that bombing,but my brother did not survive the bullet."

"Vietnam is ruthless. That war is like our civil war. It needs to end,all of the bad things in this world needs to be stopped."

"We need peace,because this is America. And peace is our number one priority."

dffce725b4d0515e06d1af11ff2055d0.jpg

RFK greeting people in Madison.

SEPTEMBER 6,Rockford,Illinois:Kennedy was giving a speech at the Coroando. While on the road,he jabbed down some of his thoughts about the Vietnam War. The protests were going on for about a year.He knew that if he was elected President,he will end that war.Wars sometimes do not have a positive effect,he wrote down,and this one never had a positive effect. He gave a sppech to 2,500 people in person,and millions on television.That speech gave America hope for the end of the war.

Vietnam_war_protest.jpeg

Protests in Baltimore,1968.
10_00830687.jpg
RFK after giving his speech in Rockford.

FAMOUS LINES OF THE ROCKFORD SPEECH ABOUT VIETNAM

"The Communists are invading any country because they want communist governments all over the world. They believe that they are superior,but no.We are.Democracy is superior."

"The war has torn this nation apart. But we are going to get out of there."

SEPTEMBER 10,WHITE HOUSE:pHONE CALL BETWEEN LBJ AND NGUYEN VAN THIEU,LEADER OF SOUTH VIETNAM

"This is the White House."

"This is Nguyen Van Thieu,leader of the Republic of Vietnam."

"Oh. So do have any good news in Saigon?"

"Yes,that speech that Kennedy,Robert Kennedy,a couple of days ago,when I heard about that speech,I felt like I should draft peace talks,and I feel like this will be the last months of the war."

''So did you talk to Minh?"

"He called me yesterday about that speech.He told me that it was the best speech that he had ever heard.He said that he felt when and if Kennedy takes office,we will draft a peace treaty in Washington."

"Had you talked about what kind of government you will have for a united Vietnam?"

"He felt like the Soviets had not helped him that much and he wanted to unite this nation under an presidential republic under a Parliament."

"Well,after that good news,I am going to give a speech to the nation tomorrow. Thanks for calling."

SEPTEMBER 11,WHITE HOUSE,6:00 P.M.

Good evening.Yesterday,I talked to the leader of South Vietnam,Nguyen Van Thieu.He listened to the speech Robert F. Kennedy that he gave in Rockford,Illinois a few days ago.He felt like that speech was going to pull Vietnam out of war. He had talked to the leader of North Vietnam.He said that he had found the meanings and the way of life of Captialism.He said that the USSR was not giving him help and found that the Warsaw Pact does has it holes,but big ones.He said that in January,the leaders of the nations will come to Washington to sign a treaty to end the Vietnam War and to unite Vietnam under a democratic nation.Have a great night and let us rejoice that the war is over."

lbj-not-run.jpg

LBJ gives the speech about the end of the Vietnam War.

SEPTEMBER 12,STORY LINES

Hugh Downs:"President Johnson tells the nation that the war in Vietnam is over. A phone call made that dream true for many Americans."

Walter Cronkite:"Vietnam is over.President Johnson tells the nation that the leader of North Vietnam told him that the Soviets were not helping him in the war."

WAR IS OVER IN VEITNAM!
Washington Post

MINH SURRENDERS TO US AND SOUTH VIETNAM
New York Times

VIETNAM TO BE UNIFED AFTER END OF WAR
Baltimore Sun

MINH SURRENDERS,SOVIETS ARE TO BLAME,END OF WAR IN VIETNAM
Chicago Sun Times

SEPTEMBER 19,PHILADELPHIA:Robert saw a gloomy morning on the 7th floor of the hotel.When he went down to the breakfast room,everyone clapped for him while he got his breakfast,sausage,a slice of American cheese,two biscuts,a coffee,and a chocolate covered bagel,just for Kennedy.After finshing his breakfast,a worker and yelled,"Somebody dropped bombs on Miami!" Kennedy said,"Where is your nearest phone. I am going to call the president."

SEPTEMBER 19,WHITE HOUSE,CALL BETWEEN LBJ AND ROBERT F KENNEDY
"The White House."

"President,(gasps for air) somebody bombed Miami. I think it is the Cubans. Send the army to the beaches of Miami.Call on some airplanes,too.This could be the start of a war. By the way,it is Kennedy."

(phone hangs up)

Last edited:
I think 'Send the army, by the way it's Kennedy' should be a meme.

Make that 'By the way, it is Kennedy'. Every time I read it, it makes me giggle a little.