(Not Actually) Official "Where Have You Been?" Thread

Moved from the Map Thread. My own British equivalent, differentiating visit (dark) and travelling through (light).

I've got Ward maps for the East Midlands and Yorkshire and Humberside as well.

District Counting.png

Sabot Cat

Banned
kNrukBF.png

Darkest Blue- I've lived there.
Dark Blue-I've visited a city there.
Light Blue- Just travelling through.

All by car, incidentally. I've never been on an airplane.

Moving over from the Map Thread, here is the map of places I've been as well. I'm not differentiating between "moving through" and "stayed in", as I've spent at least a day in each place. Also, for the sake of simplicity I'm just including in-country locations;

PlacesIveBeenMap.png

Alright then. I'll keep separated areas I haven't been to (like Thrace) uncolored.
Americas
QsCpTej.png

Europe
Z6Tp51c.png

Middle East
wLAyCDW.png

I put Bahrain and Saudi Arabia in pink because I never found out which of them we stopped off at en route to Germany from Kuwait.

text only

Visited Uk (Bath area), Belgium, Germany, living in the Netherlands
visited the US (CO, CT, DC ,DE, IL, IN, KS, MD, NE, NH ,NY ,MA, PA, RI, VA, VT, WI, WV, WY,

Last edited:
Also text only, since I don't know how to create maps.

Belgium (I live there), Germany, England, France, The Netherlands and Qatar.

Someone's badly recoloured the Indian Ocean islands there- it looks like Mauritius never lost the Seychelles or Chagos Islands:p

The Seychelles, BTW, are the box of the three due north of Madagascar.

Gian

Banned
A map of all the counties/independent cities in the U.S. where I lived. . .

Dark Green: Counties/Cities of Residence
Green: Counties I visited more frequently
Lime Green: Counties/Cities I visited less frequently
Light Green: Counties I just passed through

NOTES: Does not include the counties in Skyline Drive (which I visited)

Ogeti7h.png

These areas, plus the countries of Egypt, Germany, Austria, Italy, and Switzerland. I have gone to Amsterdam and Paris, but due to flights to Egypt.

statesvisited.png

Someone's badly recoloured the Indian Ocean islands there- it looks like Mauritius never lost the Seychelles or Chagos Islands:p

The Seychelles, BTW, are the box of the three due north of Madagascar.

The box with only 3 islands is Comoros. The larger box with much more than 3 is Seychelles.

visit_ma.png

Pretty basic, but it shows the major cities which I have lived and visited over the past few years;

Red (Lived)

Australia
Brisbane - 1994 - 1999
Sydney - 2003 - 2004
Perth - 2010 - Present

Blue (Visited)

Australia
Adelaide - 1996
Melbourne - 1996, 2003
Canberra - 2012

New Zealand
Auckland - 1996
Christchurch - 2010

Papua New Guinea
Port Moresby - 2006

United Kingdom
London - 2006, 2013

Indonesia
Denpasar - 2014

South Africa
Bloemfontein - 1998, 2003, 2011, 2013
Pretoria - 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2011, 2013
Cape Town - 2001, 2008

Here's my map. Counties in the U.S. I've been to, and first-level administrative divisions for the rest of the world.

The red spots are the cities I've lived in. In choronological order:

Boulder, CO
Bangalore, IN
Superior, CO
Manama, BH
Dhahran, SA
Thuwal, SA

places-ive-been.png

My own map.

Gold stars are the two places where I've lived, specifically home and university.
Gold dots are notable places I've been to many times on many different occasions, that I wouldn't necessarily consider holidays.

Green dots are places I went on holiday when I was younger (pre-2005, so I would have been less than 12) that I don't remember the details of, or common multiple family holiday locations.
Red dots are places I've visited on holidays, school trips etc, with dates included.
Pink dots are places I've visited but not stayed the night in.
Blue dots are airports I've transited through but not visited the city.

12 countries (outside the UK): France, Belgium, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Austria, Denmark, Norway, the USA, Singapore, Australia. Notable places I haven't been to (but have either planned or been very close to) include Ireland, the Netherlands and Italy.

holidays.png

holidays.png