Disaster At Leuthen Victoria II Mod

General Mosh and myself have pooled our vast experience of modding Victoria II together (that is, 0 experience. But learning on the job is fun) and are creating a mod for Victoria 2 based on the Disaster At Leuthen timeline. As of now, we are making two versions of it-one for A House Divided and one for A House Divided + A Heart of Darkness. This is because I don't have A Heart of Darkness (and can't get it anytime soon) and we still want to make it playable with that DLC. The mod starts with the 1830 start date, on the eve of the Fourth Silesian War.

As of now, I just finished the map of mainland North America (Note: Just the map is finished, none of the politics, etc. has been touched. For example, the Freedmen Republic is 39% slave despite not having slavery :eek: and the start date still shows 1836 )

MxExOiA.jpg

The native American protectorate has somewhat awkward borders. I would suggest you take some of the western land away from them.

The native American protectorate has somewhat awkward borders. I would suggest you take some of the western land away from them.
They do look awkward, but unfortunately that's about the closest we can get to the TL's borders at the time. Victoria II is designed for OTL, so it has provinces that fit for example Idaho as you're referring to here. In the timeline the Protectorate's borders obviously don't stop at Idaho, but they don't go far enough into the other states in the region to warrant giving them another province outside of that state.
Why does Louisiana after East texas. It was claimed by France but it was truly Spanish
You'd have to read the timeline to learn the whys and wherefores of the borders ;)

Looks awesome! :D :cool:

Some questions; Out of curiosity when should the mod be finished? Will we get more screen-caps of the mod development (like a map of Europe when thats sorted out)?

Stonewall

Banned
I think it's actually not too difficult to mod the state borders, I could try doing that once I get my computer working? nothing too serious just making the lines a bit squigglier and less straight

I think it's actually not too difficult to mod the state borders, I could try doing that once I get my computer working? nothing too serious just making the lines a bit squigglier and less straight
State borders are easy - it can be done with just a text editor (it's all in region.txt in map - with the exception of state names, who are with the rest of the names in localisation). Province borders, on the other hand, require more graphical tools.

Some questions; Out of curiosity when should the mod be finished? Will we get more screen-caps of the mod development (like a map of Europe when thats sorted out)?
Definitely. I'm aiming to finish the map of Europe by tomorrow so expect another map update then or the day after.

As an aside, I was toying with an idea for the League of The Rhine. They are an interesting case because they federalize substantially after the Fourth Silesian War, but are more loosely aligned in 1830. I was thinking of doing the same thing for them that Victoria II does with China-have it be a bunch of substates essentially. Thoughts?

Also, I fixed the borders of the Freedmen Republic. In the picture I accidentally gave them Atlanta.

So quick update from my side: I plan on getting HOD sometime within the next week or two, so I figured working on the non-HOD version is rather pointless for the time being since it will be useless when I get the expansion.

So quick update from my side: I plan on getting HOD sometime within the next week or two, so I figured working on the non-HOD version is rather pointless for the time being since it will be useless when I get the expansion.

Makes sense. Also I have a flag for the Freedmen's Republic if you need it.

Grey Wolf

Donor
Don't forget, you can modify the Regions file to create new states, merge provinces from several states into a new one etc.

But looks bloody good!

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Stonewall

Banned
Bunp, also i've got a free sunday and new computer so i volunteer to try some minor event/decision or other work :D