New Norwegian TV show called "Occupied..

Why would the EU ask Russia to invade on behalf of them? Sounds like they should have had either just the EU or Russia invade itself of pulling in both. Makes no sense.

Why would the EU ask Russia to invade on behalf of them? Sounds like they should have had either just the EU or Russia invade itself of pulling in both. Makes no sense.

Yeah....

I can get the angle of someone occupying Norway but Russia doing it anyway wouldn't make any sense, especially not for the EU. Why wouldn't the EU just do it themselves? Or is that a sublet joke at Nato defence spending?

Public Relations: The EU wouldn't invade a European country because it makes them look bad. If Russia does the dirty work then the EU's reputation remains intact.

I'd have thought that Russia would be happy if Norway stopped gas production. It would mean that there would be more customers for Gazprom.

Cheers,
Nigel.

Public Relations: The EU wouldn't invade a European country because it makes them look bad. If Russia does the dirty work then the EU's reputation remains intact.

But surely the EU would ask a country to invade that they trust, no? And the EU and Russian ain't exactly tight.

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
Honestly sounds interesting, and the premise of 'Red Dawn in Norway' is cool. Anyone know what channel it'll be airing on in the UK (I suspect Channel 4 or BBC4)?

sounds interesting even if the story is a bit silly. Mind you its not as bad as North Korea invading the US like in the Red Dawn remake.

B-29_Bomber

Banned
sounds interesting even if the story is a bit silly. Mind you its not as bad as North Korea invading the US like in the Red Dawn remake.

Yeah, at least Russia is somewhat capable of invading Norway.

My only question is, what about Finland and Sweden?

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
Yeah, at least Russia is somewhat capable of invading Norway.

My only question is, what about Finland and Sweden?

*Norwegian Teens sat around a campfire with the local gym teacher*
Gym Teacher: The Russians need to take us in one piece, and that's why they're here. That's why they won't use nukes; and we can't. The whole damn thing's pretty conventional. Who knows? Maybe next week will be swords.
Kid: What started it?
GT: I don't know. EU Embargo, low fuel prices, two toughest kids in the arctic, I guess. Sooner or later, they're gonna fight.
K: That simple, is it?
GT: Or maybe somebody just forget what it was like.
K: Well, who *is* on our side?
GT: Fifteen Million Screaming Swedes and Finns.
K: Aren't they in the EU?
*Gym teachers chugs whisky, realizing all is lost*

According to the trailer, Norway is still in NATO, but the US left. No other countries are willing to come to Norway's aid either, and they're supposedly all on their own.

Production started on it 3 years ago before mainstream noticed what Putin was.

BTW is there a dob trailer or one completely in english?

It sounds like a mess, I understand a toothless EU staring blankly as Russia invades a Scandinavian or Baltic nation, but why add the dumb gimmick of EU sponsoring Russian invasion - to make the world feel grayer? You have a perfectly fine Red Dåwn right there and ya gotta ruin it. Why?

Oh, and Putin showed his colors way earlier than Crimea. People just were not paying attention.

They could have made it into a black comedy series involving a direct invasion by the EU. Instead, they gaffed with a serious-looking show on a very ridiculous premise. How disappointing.

Well the premise is that America goes out of nato and the greens win the parliamentary election in 2017 (highly implausable) and shuts Down all oil Production and starts building thorium reactors thus europe gets in an energy crisis and gets russia to invade norway while puppeting the green Primeminister.

So yes it is almost as asb as sealion.