Pasthuns in South Africa

Inspired by this post, I become interested to actually figure out how to reach it and explore its consequences. I think mass deportation NWF Pashtuns would be a bit too much to commit, but I think there should be a way to get Nepal-like arrangement for Afghanistan so that it will provide special troops to be employed in other parts of British Empire.

Into white settler colony such as South Africa, there will be an obstacle or two to address first, namely the whole racist "white fight" issue. Though it might won't apply to Zulus, but I've never heard British sending Gurkhas to face the Zulus IOTL. Ini addition to Afghans supplying the empire with "Gurkha" troops, there will be the very nature of British rule in India to be adjusted, so we'll might need a PoD before The Great Mutiny. Maybe by preventing EIC's bankruptcy, or any other way that enable more native participation in British overlordship in India. Perhaps that way we'll might even be able to get Indian veterans to settle in South Africa, Afghans and Gurkhas alike.

Thoughts ?

Inspired by this post, I become interested to actually figure out how to reach it and explore its consequences. I think mass deportation NWF Pashtuns would be a bit too much to commit, but I think there should be a way to get Nepal-like arrangement for Afghanistan so that it will provide special troops to be employed in other parts of British Empire.

How about Afghans being recruited to lead camel trains through the Karoo and Kalahari, the way they did in the Australian outback during the 19th century? Many of the Australian Afghans married Aboriginal women, so maybe the ones in South African could marry into the Khoisan-speaking peoples and engender a mixed-race Muslim population.